Ultimate Subaru Message Board

wheel adapters

These look like ATV adaptors and may not be suitable for the road. I had some made up at classiccarperformance@gmail.com <classiccarperformance@gmail.com>in 2010. I have not used them but are 1"" thick. It looks like they will make the wheel stick out past the fender about 1"

Here is what I got

Bolt pattern on car 4 x 140

Wheel bolt pattern 4 x 114.3

Thickness 1 Inch

Hub dia on car 3.705 adaptor bore dia ??? (Maybe 3.715

"At Adapter Kings our wheel adapters are made from the highest grade aircraft aluminum. This aluminum is used in several different military applications. We feel if this aluminum strong enough to protect our country then it is strong enough for your ATV"

Well this makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. They don't even say what grade of aluminum it is. Calling it aircraft aluminum has no meaning whatsoever. If it's the same aluminum they use for their car spacers it's fine, but they might use a cheaper aluminum for ATVs since they're lighter. I wouldn't run these without getting some actual data from the company. Hopefully they have an engineer on staff and aren't just relying on their "feeling" that it's strong enough :dead: