Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

wheel adapters

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Brattitude Adjustment

• Administrator
  • 11,149 posts
  • Central Iowa

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

they have 4x140 as an option...
http://shop.adapterk...sc?productId=23

#2 6 Star

6 Star

Boxer Nostalgic

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • South Seattle, WA

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

When you use adapter/spacers on EA hubs/drums do you have to mill the inner parts (of the hubs) flat first?
I'm not sure what diameter these are inside in comparison to the oem wheel opening.

Edited by 6 Star, 12 January 2013 - 01:24 AM.

#3 Prwa101

Prwa101

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • Sandy, OR

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

These addaptors are seeming to spring up more and more. Ive been working on drawings for a 140x4 to 100x5 addaptor/spacer, pretty much done. :grin:

-PRWA AAE

#4 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,122 posts
  • WA

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

When you use adapter/spacers on EA hubs/drums do you have to mill the inner parts (of the hubs) flat first?
I'm not sure what diameter these are inside in comparison to the oem wheel opening.

Milling isnt necessary, you can use a grinder.

#5 Mechanical_misfit

Mechanical_misfit

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • Muskegon, MI

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

So has anyone done business with these guys? Looks like they offer 4x140 to 5x100 adapters.

#6 carfreak85

carfreak85

EA81T Sherpa

• Members
  • 4,754 posts
  • Bell-something...

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

I have two sets of wheel adapters that I am never going to use if anyone is interested.

one is 4x100 and the other is 4x114.3

I can send photos to whoever wants them.

#7 epix

epix

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Michigan

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

carfreak85, sent you a PM.

#8 pksjeep

pksjeep

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Spokane

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

These look like ATV adaptors and may not be suitable for the road. I had some made up at classiccarperformance@gmail.com <classiccarperformance@gmail.com>in 2010. I have not used them but are 1"" thick. It looks like they will make the wheel stick out past the fender about 1"

Here is what I got
Bolt pattern on car 4 x 140
Wheel bolt pattern 4 x 114.3
Thickness 1 Inch
Hub dia on car 3.705 adaptor bore dia ??? (Maybe 3.715

#9 pressingonward

pressingonward

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Battle Ground

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

"At Adapter Kings our wheel adapters are made from the highest grade aircraft aluminum. This aluminum is used in several different military applications. We feel if this aluminum strong enough to protect our country then it is strong enough for your ATV"

Well this makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. They don't even say what grade of aluminum it is. Calling it aircraft aluminum has no meaning whatsoever. If it's the same aluminum they use for their car spacers it's fine, but they might use a cheaper aluminum for ATVs since they're lighter. I wouldn't run these without getting some actual data from the company. Hopefully they have an engineer on staff and aren't just relying on their "feeling" that it's strong enough :dead:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users