Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Electrical gurus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 1 Lucky Texan

1 Lucky Texan

I read a lot about Subarus

• Members
  • 4,575 posts
  • Texas

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

Just wondering if anyone knew if the DRL module and the Illumination Control Module on an 03 H6 Outback might share a bulkead connector or a ground or ???.

I have mentioned in other posts about the illumination issue and I do have a replacement module, but I also recently noticed intermittent operation of the Daytime Running Lights. (I also have an intermittent brake light, but I think that's from a sticking float in the brake fluid reservoir)

just wondering if a schematic shows anything in common.

thanx

#2 CNY_Dave

CNY_Dave

03 LL Bean H6

• Members
  • 1,402 posts
  • Near Cortland NY

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

hmm, if you put it on the lowbeams is that intermittent as well?

#3 Cougar

Cougar

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 6,340 posts
  • Anchorage

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

Rather than a ground problem I would suspect a common connection to power as the possible trouble. I don't have access to all my data at this time but what I see so far it looks like the common connection to power is through the ignition switch. If that was the trouble though I would think there would be more issues than what you stated here.

#4 ivans imports

ivans imports

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 2,926 posts
  • lumby bc canada

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

i bett theres crap in the parke brake senser car probly thinks the e brake is on or bulbs are on there way out lotts of intermitant bulbs theese days. had a svx with no daytime runners was two bad bulbs and one broken wire. Customer had changed dlr realy light switch e brake lever ect. easy to get on the wrong track

#5 1 Lucky Texan

1 Lucky Texan

• Members
  • 4,575 posts
  • Texas

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

hmm, if you put it on the lowbeams is that intermittent as well?

low beams work and, at least once when I was 'experimenting' with the problem, the DRL came back on after I turned the lights off!

does the module control a separate relay that is intermittent maybe?

#6 1 Lucky Texan

1 Lucky Texan

• Members
  • 4,575 posts
  • Texas

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

i bett theres crap in the parke brake senser car probly thinks the e brake is on or bulbs are on there way out lotts of intermitant bulbs theese days. had a svx with no daytime runners was two bad bulbs and one broken wire. Customer had changed dlr realy light switch e brake lever ect. easy to get on the wrong track

yeah, I could esily have 3 completely separate issues and I'm trying to keep an open mind on there being any common source or not. The car is 10 years old (though only 70K miles) and stuff starts failing I know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users