Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just wondering if anyone knew if the DRL module and the Illumination Control Module on an 03 H6 Outback might share a bulkead connector or a ground or ???.

I have mentioned in other posts about the illumination issue and I do have a replacement module, but I also recently noticed intermittent operation of the Daytime Running Lights. (I also have an intermittent brake light, but I think that's from a sticking float in the brake fluid reservoir)

just wondering if a schematic shows anything in common.

thanx

Rather than a ground problem I would suspect a common connection to power as the possible trouble. I don't have access to all my data at this time but what I see so far it looks like the common connection to power is through the ignition switch. If that was the trouble though I would think there would be more issues than what you stated here.

i bett theres crap in the parke brake senser car probly thinks the e brake is on or bulbs are on there way out lotts of intermitant bulbs theese days. had a svx with no daytime runners was two bad bulbs and one broken wire. Customer had changed dlr realy light switch e brake lever ect. easy to get on the wrong track

i bett theres crap in the parke brake senser car probly thinks the e brake is on or bulbs are on there way out lotts of intermitant bulbs theese days. had a svx with no daytime runners was two bad bulbs and one broken wire. Customer had changed dlr realy light switch e brake lever ect. easy to get on the wrong track

yeah, I could esily have 3 completely separate issues and I'm trying to keep an open mind on there being any common source or not. The car is 10 years old (though only 70K miles) and stuff starts failing I know.