Ultimate Subaru Message Board

If you are referring to the wrist pin access covers, they are T 70.

O.

The only place I have ever seen a T70 on a Subaru is on a manual transmission drainplug. And this was done to keep Quick Lube places from draining the trans and filling the engine.

Its 14MM allen or hex plug depending on the naming. Rounds out pretty easily with the wrong tool.

The way I got those out. I take a bolt with a 14mm head. Then weld a nut to the threads. Use a socket that's the size of the nut and it pulls the plug out. It's pretty simple to make out of your spare nuts/bolts collection.

i can do ya one better, i used a long headed 14mm bolt from a ea82 w ac and cut the threads off. AND i painted it red. bummer is, subaru used like 3 different bolts for that in different years and you cant get a socket on all of them, just the one kind:rolleyes: oem toolkit

The only place I have ever seen a T70 on a Subaru is on a manual transmission drainplug. ....

Its 14MM allen or hex plug depending on the naming. Rounds out pretty easily with the wrong tool.

Perhaps... For I bought the tool for exactly that purpose. However it works well without any tendency to round in the stated usage.

Have used it on six occassions (3 engines).

O.