Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

This is a Subaru?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,562 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Motorweek 91

http://jalopnik.com/...his-is-a-subaru

#2 BratRod

BratRod

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • Dallas, Texas

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

Makes me want an svx... Cool video

#3 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 8,745 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

I've wanted one for a long time. Never seemed entirely practical for me to have a two door car though. Maybe someday. I seem them pop up on Craigslist from time to time usually for under a grand with a dead transmission or a half primed rice-ject that someone abandoned because they couldn't figure out how to fix some random issue.

#4 brus brother

brus brother

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,882 posts
  • Connecticut

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

Now THIS is a Subaru.

Edited by brus brother, 20 January 2013 - 07:46 AM.

#5 1-3-2-4

1-3-2-4

Subaru Mike!

• Members
  • 3,717 posts
  • Greenwich

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

Now THIS is a Subaru.

Stamford Subaru still has that red 360 inside the dealer showroom, crazy how small it is in person.

#6 ivans imports

ivans imports

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 2,932 posts
  • lumby bc canada

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

i bought 3 in the last 2 months all broken trans 1 with a broken rack. Wana see it realy go putt a 4.44 diff ratios and a 2800 stall converter from a 2wd impreza and hang on makes it a very quiwk car not as fast as before but tear your head off accelleration

#7 ivans imports

ivans imports

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 2,932 posts
  • lumby bc canada

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

butt the justy the real showpeice the best subaru ever !!!

#8 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,562 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

butt the justy the real showpeice the best subaru ever !!!

i got so excited to see the Justy, odd how they showed that as a Subaru, and not a typical flat four. But Motorweek LOVED them the Justy

#9 AWDfreak

AWDfreak

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • SF Bay Area, CA (USA)

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

When I reach retirement age (I've got a long ways until that happens!), and become physically-incapable of shifting my own gears anymore, I want to drive a Subaru SVX!

And then proceed to modify it and add some luxury features and have those mods look OEM.

#10 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,125 posts
  • WA

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

i bought 3 in the last 2 months all broken trans 1 with a broken rack. Wana see it realy go putt a 4.44 diff ratios and a 2800 stall converter from a 2wd impreza and hang on makes it a very quiwk car not as fast as before but tear your head off accelleration

You're going to go thru transmissions quicker than wheel bearings (a common failure for the SVX).

When I reach retirement age (I've got a long ways until that happens!), and become physically-incapable of shifting my own gears anymore, I want to drive a Subaru SVX!

And then proceed to modify it and add some luxury features and have those mods look OEM.

The SVX already has all the luxury mods ever made by Subaru. The only thing that needs changed usually is the stereo.

#11 AWDfreak

AWDfreak

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • SF Bay Area, CA (USA)

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

You're going to go thru transmissions quicker than wheel bearings (a common failure for the SVX).

The SVX already has all the luxury mods ever made by Subaru. The only thing that needs changed usually is the stereo.

I know it's got a decent amount of luxury features (and most impressive for the time period it was released).

Just would like to add a few extras and then I'll be living the rest of my life comfortably with a comfortable and somewhat-fast Subaru :D

#12 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,125 posts
  • WA

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

I know it's got a decent amount of luxury features (and most impressive for the time period it was released).

Just would like to add a few extras and then I'll be living the rest of my life comfortably with a comfortable and somewhat-fast Subaru :D

You still havent mentioned what extras you will be adding ;)

#13 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,661 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Since the SVX Transmissions trend to Fail frequently, somehow; if I had one SVX, I would do a Transmission Swap.

#14 NWSubie

NWSubie

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • St. Helens

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

Not trying to thread jack but my dad has his 92 svx for sale. Its in good shape but does need some tlc from someone with more time than we have. It runs and drives but will stall out sometimes when shifting from park to drive. Wont die if you just tap the gas slightly when shifting. I took it for about an hour drive last night and it drove fine. PM me if anyones interested. Its had its trans rebuilt and a swaped jdm engine with paper work showing what was done. Its located near St. Helens OR.

#15 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,562 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Not trying to thread jack but my dad has his 92 svx for sale. Its in good shape but does need some tlc from someone with more time than we have. It runs and drives but will stall out sometimes when shifting from park to drive. Wont die if you just tap the gas slightly when shifting. I took it for about an hour drive last night and it drove fine. PM me if anyones interested. Its had its trans rebuilt and a swaped jdm engine with paper work showing what was done. Its located near St. Helens OR.

THREAD HIJACKER NOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo

#16 Subruise

Subruise

Official Party Pooper

• Members
  • 1,456 posts
  • pierce county

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

looks like we got ourselves a digital DB cooper

#17 AKghandi

AKghandi

87 GL-10 2" lift 27" tires, 86 GL 2" lift 29"

• Members
  • 1,146 posts
  • Anchorage, Alaska

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Posted Image

had to post.

#18 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,562 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

Posted Image

had to post.

i don't think that would rub out

#19 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 8,745 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

Posted Image

had to post.

This makes a good "You might be a Subaru owner if..."

...It took you a minute to realize there's a girl in that picture...
...You think it's a shame they didn't draw it in permanent ink...

#20 AKghandi

AKghandi

87 GL-10 2" lift 27" tires, 86 GL 2" lift 29"

• Members
  • 1,146 posts
  • Anchorage, Alaska

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

pretty sure thats a tattoo.

#21 brus brother

brus brother

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,882 posts
  • Connecticut

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

i don't think that would rub out

I'll give it a try.

pretty sure thats a tattoo.

What tattoo?

#22 ivans imports

ivans imports

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 2,932 posts
  • lumby bc canada

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

have fixed many svx trans and they never fail agian i change out the forward drum and clutchpack for the one from a 98 outback is larger and has better oil flow. and i overfill the front diff 1.8 L and increase the cooler return line port and ditch the trans preshure soliniod reistor that alows the tcu to modify preshure. And the lower gears putt less load on the trans and the higher stall gets the engine into its power range.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users