Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Thought I got deal.

Hello USMB members. I found an '82 Brat on Craigslist for, get this, $50. It was listed as a parts car because there was "some rust in the rear wheel wells". When I went to pick it up I discovered there was about a quarter of the back bed completely gone from rust. There was barely anything left of the driver side frame rail too.

I thought I had a fun project to work on but now I've decided to part the thing out. The motor is free and I got it to turn over but haven't started it yet. Tan interior is decent. Good glass. Jump seats. It came with a brush guard that turns out to be from a '79. Everything is for sale so if you need something send me pm with your email and I'll send you pictures of what you are looking for.

From my brief time on this site it seems to be a great place to give and share information about old Soobs. :headbang:

Being that the brat is rare in wisconsin, you may be better off selling the whole car complete as it is for a slight profit to anyone whoul would undertake the body work. this is just an opinion. Being that if i had room for a project, i would consider the vehicle for more than 50 bucks. It is still worth 200 bucks as scrap, in which case, save all the best parts before junking it.

• 2 weeks later...