Ultimate Subaru Message Board

wanting to lift my 86' GL

any idea where i can get some good kits or help with building a kit? I would like to go up 6 inches or however high I can before having to replace my brakel lines and whatnot. I would like to get all the needed parts together by the end of februaury. Where should I look?

Youre in the right place... USMB that is...

But do some searching... There is LOTS of info.

Scott In Bellingham AKA SJR sells lift kits... http://www.sjrlift.com/

Theres a few other ones, BeastIDrive makes them too I believe...

First off though, what 86 GL do you have? Brat? Sedan? Hatch? Wagon?

Theres an offroad section here and a members rides section that A LOT of members have posted lifted EA81s/EA82s in...

Personly I'd go with the beast I drive, ive never liked the way sjrs crossmember blocks are a "C" may work for light off roading but if you hit or jump high enough they are going to pinch.. They are really cool looking and are easy for fabricastion but not my cup of tee... Which is why I built my own. 2x3" 1/4" full length blocks, for my 4" lift.

Just my 2¢.

Prwa101

Personly I'd go with the beast I drive, ive never liked the way sjrs crossmember blocks are a "C" may work for light off roading but if you hit or jump high enough they are going to pinch.. They are really cool looking and are easy for fabricastion but not my cup of tee... Which is why I built my own. 2x3" 1/4" full length blocks, for my 4" lift.

Just my 2¢.

Prwa101

I have never had myself or heard of a bent one

I will be back in Spokane on March 3. I have enough metal to make up a couple full 6'' kit. Its basically same as others, square blocks, strut blocks, but my rear diff drop is way sweet, full DOM tubing, had them prof. made! Still have them for sale.... Theres ways to do it CHEAP and RIGHT! ;)