Ultimate Subaru Message Board

86 FSM set on Ebay - no bidders!

Thanks for the heads up on the FSM -- just what I am looking for for my 86 GL-10 !

I put in a bid on them -- now have to wait :(

I would appreciate it if all would not outbid me -- I will be glad to make copies of anything in them for anybody !

Milt

Milt:

I have the 86 set (less the electrical section). If you don't land the set, I'll be happy to send you photocopies or scans out of mine.

I'm hoping that members of this Board who have these materials, will be willing to make them available to others. Not sure of the best way to do it. I have discussed it with several people, and there is definitely a need to begin building a database of FSM data, while the information is still in the hands of enthusiasts (er... derelicts).

good luck, John

Here is a hint, make you bid the most that you are willing to pay for the manuals, it will only show the amount needed for the next higher bid, so your max bid will be in the background to keep the last second guys for out bidding you, unless they bid higher then you max.

Another hint; drop the bid in as late as possible. That way you won't be tempted to bid more that you would have bid without a bidding war. Also, it prevents others from upping your maximum bid. I know, it's called sniping. But I've found that bidding early just seems to increase the desirability of the item and tends to get others interested and bid the stuff up un-necessarily.