Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Help please, Gen2 BRAT 3" lift

OK, I bought the lift kit. this is gonna be my Spring/summer project. So, now I'm out shopping.

I know I've seen it on here somewhere about putting the jeep rancho shocks on the rear of EA81 lifts. does anyone have a link or know what's compatable?

Does anyone have a steering linkage for a 3" lift or can make one? (I have no welding ability)

Also worried about the shifter itself. anyone have any issues with the shifter being 3" lower?

ANY HELPFUL info is appreciated. If you have lifted EA81 experience I would love your input.

thanks guys

Just use stock rear shocks. It gives you the best performance/flex without breaking axles, believe it or not! I replaced my ranchos that the PO had installed and put kyb replacements on with a set of BOSS (Bill Omlin Subaru Specialties) rear shock plates, it drops it according to your lift size, mine were 6'', and I haven't had an axle break since!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For the shifter I have had excellent results from lengthening the shifter lever below the point of where it pivots the shaft connector dealybob, and lengthening the dealybob the same amount. Results in awesomely short throws, and do a sloopy shifter fix while you're in there and it makes it tighter than a porsche. I will have pictures of these mods soon, I sold the rig I did these things on to Pooparoo a couple years ago so I'm just waiting for some pics from him.

-Bill

• Like 1