Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Intake Wiring Harness Help for a 2.2

jzacher85

Hello, I will give an abbreviated version of the long story to get where I am now. Basically I had an engine and Intake manifold, had the wiring harness sent off to get re-done for a 1986 GL. The intake manifold for the car got junked by accident. I bought an engine of a similar year for parts. Took the Intake Manifold off, put it on the installed engine. Everything bolted up, plugged in, except for when I went to plug in to the wiring harness. There were three plugs on the wiring harness end, but only two on the Intake Manifold. Was there a year that they changed the wiring? What is the third plug for? It looks like the two large square plug would go together but the plastic plug has different tracks. What are my options?

Thanks for the help!

-Jesse

90/91 are three plug and 92-94 are two plug. So you probably have a 92-94 manifold harness. Just get a 90/91 harness but make sure you also get the IAC if the harness/ecu is from a manual transmission since they used a two wire IAC for 90 MT's.

You probably should have had someone that knew what they were doing strip your harness. 90 is a messed up year. 95-98 OBD-II harnesses are much better.

GD

Edited by GeneralDisorder

Junk yard, dealer, board member.... Any of the normal resources for parts. Just pick up a phone......

Is your 90 harness from a manual trans car? If so you will need the rare and almost always a piece of crap 90 MT IAC. Hard to find and even harder to find in working condition. $250+ from the dealer.

GD

Edited by GeneralDisorder

So get a 90/91 intake wiring harness? Any chance I could re-pin the harness I have if I got the right connectors? where can I get just the Intake harness?

You could repin....if you have a good pinout.

Or get a 90/91 intake harness.

The IAC issue with the 90 MT's is a pain, but you can get around it by switching the AT/MT designation pin on the ECU. Then you can use any 3 pin IAC