Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 79 GL Wagon

Dan-AZ

Here is my 1979 GL 1600 Wagon. All Subaru except for the Stereo added before I bought her. Paint is the original "Brilliant Red" and the interior is stock from the factory. The Driver's seat has much wear and that's a project for this Summer. Engine rebuild is coming this Summer as well.

post-3799-136027662886_thumb.jpg

post-3799-136027662894_thumb.jpg

post-3799-1360276629_thumb.jpg

post-3799-136027662909_thumb.jpg

post-3799-136027662915_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dan-AZ
Adding Pictures

I retract my previous statements. Your car is a pile of ****. Disgusting. JK lol

Go Flyers! I agree! They're playing the Rangers right now, so that's about the only time you'll hear me say that. And don't be mad about the beat-down the Devils gave Philly in the playoffs last year. :banana:

Hahaha, good fun.

Seriously though. MOAR PICS!

OK. I own a Marty Brodeur goal stick that I use to play hockey here in Arizona. Yes, at almost 49 years old I still play and my glove hand is nowhere near the speed it was 25 years ago. Born and raised in Philly so I am a die hard fan from 1968 on.

Since it's 13 degrees F outside, I will take pictures when it gets a bit warmer. I turned the odometer over to 147,000 miles last week on the engine. I'll get some interior pictures posted this afternoon and some pictures of the engine compartment too.

I guess I'd better clarify some stuff. The paint is not original. I had the body work done in 2006. The paint color is the original match to what she was in 1979. The interior is still all original. The tranny was redone in 2005. The front end and tie rods were replaced in 2008.

Thanks. It's 12 years of work to get her to where she is now. My wife does not understand my obsession with my car.

It's funny that you own a Brat because I am looking to purchase one and perform the same restore on it as I did my wagon.

It's good we have the weather we have here in this state. Otherwise older cars would never be able to make the years some have on them.

The snow is all melting, but if you hurry up here you still have great skiing at the Snow Bowl. 50 inch base or better. Cheers.

Bout to pick up a '79 Wagon as well but in the 2WD flavor. Love what your's has become. Did I miss you having a build thread cause I looked for one.

Love the red!

Nope. I haven't been real active on the board for a while. I really never took pictures of what she looked like prior to all the work. I am a backyard mechanic with a ton of tools I inherited when my father-in-law passed away. She was pretty rough, but the family I bought her from kept her in a garage and didn't run her much. I picked her up with under 110,000 miles. She has some oil loss thru the valve guides but she is pretty sound. Tranny was worked on and the front end for the most part is new.