Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2005 STi- 418WHP/379TQ/92pump/22psi

Bang876

Hi name is Wattana, I am 21 years old was born in Thailand and the fateful day of falling in love with the Subaru brand began the day I was given a Playstation with Grand Turismo for christmas. I love the look, the sound of the engine, performance, all wheel drive, i love everything about it. So I made it a life dream to one day purchase the car. That dream became a reality when I enlisted into Army right out of high school. Shortly after arriving to my duty station I get deployment orders and given 2 weeks to prepare. Long story short I took the advantage of the tax free income and deployment pay to save up and buy my STi. On November 2011 in Jacksonville, FL I was driving a World Rally Blue STi and on my face was the biggest retarded grin in human history. Finally I did it, I bought my dream car. I have since been building her and have finally reach the goal of over 400awhp subaru on pump gas as a daily drive. Its been a long build and expensive build but I loved every minute of it.

Mods and Power

Dyno: Mustang

Tuner: Pacific Import Auto

Wheel HP: 418

Wheel TQ: 379

Ambient Temp: 30*F

Elevation: 410+

Video of the Dyno Pull at PIA in Tacoma,WA

Year/Model: 2005 STi

EMS: Cobb

Short Block: Rebuilt to Forge internals

Heads: Stock

Turbo: Garret GT35R Rotated Turbo Kit, Tial 44mm EWG

Intercooler: FMIC Turbo XS

Meth Kit: N/A

Injectors/Fuel: FIC 1100cc Injectors, FIC Top Feed Rails / 92 Pump

Intake/Inlet: Custome

Headers: Stock

Uppipe: Perrin Catless

Downpipe:Turbo XS

CBE: Invidia N1 Race Catback Exhaust

Clutch: Excedy Stage 2

Flywheel: Excedy

Other Power Mods: (supporting mods) Grimmspeed Boost Controller, HKS Sequential BOV, Mishimoto Radiator & Fan Shrouds, Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator, AEM 3.5 Bar Map Sensor, one step colder spark plugs, fuel pump,

photo58_zpsf3a0524c.jpg[/img]

IMG_0123.jpg[/img]

IMG_0066.jpg[/img]

IMG_0064.jpg[/img]

IMG_0073.jpg[/img]

IMG_0076.jpg[/img]

IMG_0075.jpg[/img]

photo_zps0a2bc6ca.png[/img]

photo61_zpsac80dc16.jpg[/img]

photo64_zps2fb7b05f.jpg[/img]

photo70_zpsfb12ee6e.jpg[/img]

old Injectors

photo63_zps6cd3186a.jpg[/img]

photo72_zps11122398.jpg[/img]

Finished product. Was finally able to upgraded the injectors, fuel pump, top feed conversion rails, 3.5 bar map sensor, fuel pressure regulator, and boost controller allows me to finally be able to properly support that big turbo.

Next mods is new coil overs, sway bar, transmission and engine mounts, OEM headlights, and installed a In dash touch screen full Nav and audio system.

Edited by Bang876
  • Like 1

Really digging the story and the car!

Nice work!

Thank You! The car is blast to drive as well. This is probably the limit regarding power. Anything more then this is just not practical as a daily drive and a ticking time bomb even with a built motor. Heck I drive in my 15psi Map which pushed about 350whp and that already plenty for 98% of the time. I

Looks great. I have a buddy with a similar setup. Just curious on the MAF post turbo??? My buddy went through 3 motors with that setup until we changed it to pre-turbo.

My tuner switched my car from MAF to Speed density. Car runs a lot better after the switch set up. Although its a bit harder to tune on I think its a lot more reliable for those with high horsepower goals or output. I upgraded my Map sensor to a 3.5 Bar,intake temp sensor, Boost Controller, Engine Management with Cobb Acessport, and of course a near perfect tune by Mike from Pacific Import Auto by incorporating different VE tables for various temperature and climate.

Edited by Bang876

Ill have to tell my buddy about those mods. Not sure why that was never mentioned to him before. Glad it all works out in the end :cool:[/quote

I was lucky enough to learn about proper tuning before blowing my motor. Once I started adding parts I made sure the car was tuned religiously to ensure proper timing, Air and Fuel ratio, etc. When I bought my STi first thing I did was take to a respectable shop with good rep regarding ECU and tuning on Subaru platform. That was how I found my car was running lean, underboost, knocking, and was a ticking time bomb! Luckily I found it before I started increasing my boost. The best I have found is a hybrid between MAF and SD, this provide the reliability of a SD set up with the practicality of a MAF. This is possible with an Open Source tune or in my case using the Cobb Acessport. When it comes to tuning go to any length to get it properly done. Not trying to sound like a douche but that could be why your buddy blew up three motors, car was not tuned properly for reliablity. Good Luck

Edited by Bang876

• 1 month later...

And that is why I should have joined the military, lol.  If only I had thought more. :P

Beautiful car and seldom seen on this forum.  Glad we are getting a few modded late model STI's and WRX's around here lately.  I have been modding my LGT lately and am tuning for stage 2 right now.  Love Subies!!!