Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Is 1 bottle of the coolant conditioner enough?

I would say if this is a year and engine where subaru says to use it, use one bottle.

Ivan has just seen too many engines and radiators and heater cores gunked up with magic spooge, so he riles against its use.

My H6 head gaskets were seeping externally a little, so I used one bottle, and they certainly seep less, so I am not against using it, but if one doesn't help, I don't think 2 will.

I find they are excellent preventative maintenance.

And don't seem to clog the radiator, heater core, etc like the miracle cures at the parts store. I know this from the cars I buy.

If I fix a 2.5 on the way to drop the heads off I take the rad to be flushed and checked.

Normally I am concerned about "stop leak" but this seems to help without much harm in a Subaru.

It's the only solution I'd try in a Subaru actually.

i find that its gets added and added and added get dealers and shops that putt in bottle after bottle to try and fix the problem the headgasket materail that its trying to stick to is stainless so it whont stick to it anyway. It just gums up coolant syestem. Have seen 0 proff that it helps in any way if the gasket is leaking it needs to be replaced no magic in a bottle will fix it. It just gives you a fasle sense that you can leave it longer than you should. Sorry to be a downer about that stuff but it realy causes me grief.