Ultimate Subaru Message Board

anyone know how to play bag pipes? dead forester..

Was told my car had a bad valve... since then I have put over 35,000 miles on the beast. Gas mileage has gone to crap since last winter. Now it's sitting in my driveway dead. First time in 5 years it hasn't turned over. I suspect frozen gas lines or water in there since it sat for few days during a cold snap. Week before it started and idled rough then on way back from work the AT OIL light flickered on then went away. Once the beast is running I'll take it in myself to get the codes to post on here. Queston?? Is it possible for that motor to run that long with bad valve?? Had a "tick or knock" for 4 years now so honestly more like 50,000 miles.

Thanks, took it in a few weeks ago for an oil change and they didn't even wanna touch it. Said I would do more damage than good. Find that hard to beleive. Man I miss my own garage!! Anyone here in Northern Michigan wanna make some cash??? lol My guy is 50 miles away and booked. Picky about who touches my subbies... gotta love them like I do!!

Engine is trying hard to turn over, strong battery, dry gas, sprayed starte fluid... out come was a loud back fire but not from my exhaust.... today I'm going to cry my girly eyes out. I really don't wanna give up on the beast.. it's been so loyal but I think it's time to say good bye. Ah the memories, canoeing, camping, mudding, climbing, man I'll miss my knobby BF's and lift. I had dreams of re-doing this motor, tracking down the leak that ruined the carpet, or at least retiring it properly out in the woods after a night of beating the crap out of it... but I'm done. So long sweet friend, you've been loyal.. geuss I'll upload some pictures and post it to craigs... booo whooo... tissue please... geuss the bright side.. the thule rack will look good on the outback