Ultimate Subaru Message Board

need help ea82 carb hitach engine pls

hi all i have some problem i get ea82 in my vw bug engine is start very good but very hard start when it cold and no fuel regular and no solden in engine i have one from carb to manifold and third pip is cut where it must go and what coile is good oil or elctrec and i have back fire aloot and sorry for bad English

Hi Kasper,We do 1 at a time ok? Cold start..does it have a choke? like a flap that will cover carb hole? that should be closed when start cold.it gives more petro to engine. Close alot ,then not so closed ,then open.helps engine get warm. No solden in engine..solden?? don't understand. What coile? is good oil? what weight? I use 20/50 wt.If thats what you wanted to know.. Lot of back fire? out of time? turn distributer a little one way or the other and see if better. keep trying, we will help,just work on english.ok?..be carefull over there,Todd

Back fire and hard to start cold could be to do with choke

As for the rest I am guessing in what you mean I think you said coil is good and it sounds like you have one of you air suction valve pipes cut???

I'm not sure

No fuel regular? Do you mean you don't run regular octane level?

No solden? I'm at a complete loss sorry

Edited by mikaleda

Hey Kasper,  Is there 12 volts to the choke?There should be a wire that goes to the choke,the thing in red circle on the left side of pic,to know if its working it should warm up.feel it  after a few minutes.when warm the choke opens ....the other 2 things in red circles  could be plugged. air poultion stuff..so this engine is in a VW BUG??? good plan....OSF.

• Like 1

Air polution stuff,Mabey?.Do they check that over there? exaust polution? If not its not needed.But when I  look again...?? I'm not sure what it is.Do the knobs turn in and out?? Might not even go with the engine? I bet the engine will run without it.I've never seen anything like it..Anyone else seem one?OSF

what is that and the engine need it ,that came with engine  

If this engine has USA-style exhaust-emissions controls, I think that those solenoid-vacuum valves are the "duty valves" for the computer-controlled carburetor.  One of these valves allow air into the carburetor idle circuit to adjust the fuel/air ratio at idle, and the other valve allows air into the carburetor's "main" circuit to adjust the fuel/air ratio during partial-throttle operation.  If these are not connected, the carburetor tubes where the hoses attach should be capped (covered/plugged).

Edited by NorthWet

Language issues can cause misunderstandings, so please inform us if something does not translate clearly or is confusing.  Your English is superior to my understanding of your language.  (Egypt, so I assume that you speak Arabic?)  I can only speak one language, so I am impressed with your English.

I am going to make assumptions (guess), and I need to know if they are correct or wrong.  If my assumption is wrong, then my conclusion is not valid.

Assumption #1:  Engine starts and runs, but does not want to start when the engine temperature is cold.

Conclusion : The carburetor is not supplying the correct amount of fuel when the engine is cold.  Ignition is functioning,  but the cold-start enrichment system ("choke") is not operating correctly.

Assumption #2:  Carburetor is not supplying sufficient fuel for a cold start.  (The exhaust does not smell like fuel.)

Conclusion :   The choke plate is not closing.  Either the choke plate is binding or the actuator is faulty.

Assumption #3:  Carburetor is supplying an excessive of fuel for a cold start.  (The exhaust smells strongly of fuel.)

Conclusion :   The choke plate is closed more than the temperature requires.  (The actuator is not correctly adjusted.)

Does the engine have to comply with exhaust emission (air pollution control) regulations?  What emission control equipment exists on the engine?  I am most interested to know if there are large tubes (15-20mm diameter) that attach to the exhaust ports: if these are present, they may be the cause of backfire sounds.

When I have more information I will be able to ask better questions.

• Like 2