Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ea82 turbo problems HELP!

I might have to disagree, if you do use the CRC MAF cleaner, give it 2 or 3 short sprays and just on the wire, make sure its unpluged.

Also make sure the intake pipe from the MAF to the turbo doesn't leak.

If all that fails you may just need a new MAF.

Ok I will try both suggestions when I can make it back to the car... If I can't find any air leaks and the cleaning the MAF doesn't work how hard is it to find a new one??? This damn fuel injection stuff throws me for a loop lol it was so much easier to just throw on a weber when I started having carb problems

I might have to disagree, if you do use the CRC MAF cleaner, give it 2 or 3 short sprays and just on the wire, make sure its unpluged.

Also make sure the intake pipe from the MAF to the turbo doesn't leak.

If all that fails you may just need a new MAF.

Why should it matter how much is sprayed on the wire? I've used the stuff numerous times and never had problems with the amount used, I make sure its clean (wire).

Why should it matter how much is sprayed on the wire? I've used the stuff numerous times and never had problems with the amount used, I make sure its clean (wire).

when I first used the MAF cleaner I doused it, and shortly after my MAF went bad. I dont mean to question you, I know you are the master of the ea82t. just a little FYI for the turbo newbie

what wires are those?? in my ea82t  have the same problem and never found the cause....

I eventually had to take the tube out of the back of the intake boot to get it the rest of the way home (35 miles).

Did a bunch of test and swaping of parts (wife has a turbo wagon also) and ended up putting a jumper wire from the body to the black wire at the connector for the MAF. Problem solved.

Then I noticed that the main ground wire to the block from the body (hooks up at the water inlet going into the water pump) had broke. replaced that with a new end and back to normal. Temporaraly disconnected the wire to the Maf and it still ran good so it had to have been the main ground was the problem. :)

Hush

I eventually had to take the tube out of the back of the intake boot to get it the rest of the way home (35 miles).

Did a bunch of test and swaping of parts (wife has a turbo wagon also) and ended up putting a jumper wire from the body to the black wire at the connector for the MAF. Problem solved.

Then I noticed that the main ground wire to the block from the body (hooks up at the water inlet going into the water pump) had broke. replaced that with a new end and back to normal. Temporaraly disconnected the wire to the Maf and it still ran good so it had to have been the main ground was the problem. :)

Hush

thanks... i`ll do it the weekend....

Well I will check the fuel pressure and those grounds first. Hush a broken ground wire really did that?? I hope it is a simple fix like that but I don't recall mine being broken. However when I did pop my fuel line off the filter to make sure I was getting today it fired up and ran normal for about 2 minutes then same problem... Any thoughts on that guys??

Fuel lines are correct and thinking now it has to be the regulator. If its dribbling excess pressure by to the injectors that would explain why it starts and runs fine after it has been sitting and the pressure is down to a lower amount. When enough pressure gets built up it floods itself out and dies. Seems reasonable enough to me but I guess I will see Wednesday when napa gets my parts in