Ultimate Subaru Message Board

09 Forester Arm Rest Cover. I need a clever solution

Our new to us 09 Forester is already under siege from the dog.  She has dug her claws into the center arm rest and punched a nice hole.  I know the obvouis solution about keeping the dog out of the car or in the way  back but try expaining that to my wife and the dog.

So, I need a way to protect the armrest that is not a pain in the but and will fall off all the time like the folded sheet we have there now.  I have seen the leather covers for sale but I I don't like leather myself and my wife is a vegeterian.

Any ideas?  Something durable and would mold to the shape?  Get creative and I'll try any reasonable ideas.  June is about 50lbs of dog so not huge.

Thanks for any help. 

Also we are getting pounded with snow in NH right now.  i drove home from Gunstock to Dover in my 97 Legacy Brighton and it was like nothing.  That thing is a tank.

I know this is about the arm rest but,

I sugest a cage crate for your Junie...

They fold up for transport and can fit in the back of a wagon with the rear seats up or down.(i can still pet him through the bars when its folded down)

With a cage crate in the summer you can leave the windows down if you leave June in the shade when running in to a store. This way she is secure, COOL,  and no one goes to stick there hands in as easy.

Also she will get warmer in the winter from the heater compared to a normal crate.

My dog loves to ride and offroad in his!

Heres Fritz is in the back of my impreza in his crate hes right up against the back of the front seats...

Picture020_zpsbf509735.jpg

As for the armrest.... a picture is worth a thousand words. If i could see the aplication im sure I could figure somthing out. ;)

Edited by tron

Thanks for the suggestions, but as I said, she is a back seat dog. I tried to make the argument for the trunk but to no avail and it is my wife's car so I really can't stop it from happening. I'm moving on to the next step.

I'll try to get a pic tomorrow and post it to give some motivation. Thanks for the help.

Here is a photo from the interweb of the arm rest. Ours is dark grey but the same otherwise.

post-36536-0-24333500-1360382446_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nbe1210

Auto grass looks pretty funny. It kind of negates the fact that you might want to rest your arm on the armrest. I'll have to poke around the hardware store and find a heavy fabric/tarp kind of material nd fit to the armrest. When I get it ill put a picture up. Thanks of the ideas. I might just fit a piece of Tupperware, fill it with soil and plant some grass. Maybe I could grow strawberries in the summer.