Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Legacy GT Performance recs?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jjouet

jjouet

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Washington, DC

Posted 12 April 2004 - 09:02 PM

I own a 2000 Legacy GT 5 spd. wagon and am interested in the followingperformance upgrades from http://www.xcceleration.com.Borla Header 2.5 literXcceleration Stainless Steel Super Hi-Flow Catalytic ConverterBrospeed Stainless Steel Performance MufflerUNORTHODOX Ultra Street PulleyGPMoto Intake for 2.5 NAsPod IntakeXcceleration Short Throw Shift KitI'm also looking for advice as this car is a daily driver that I putabout 65 miles/day on traveling to and from work. Specifically, I'mconcerned with reducing the reliability/longevity of the car as wellas making it so loud that the noise becomes an annoyance. Don't getme wrong, I like the sound of a well running machine but I don't wantto wake the neighbors when I leave in the morning or not be able tohold a conversation while driving.I probably can't afford all the mods so I'm looking for bang for thebuck. What's going to do the most for me?I'd really appreciate any advice. Also, i'm not married to that site. If something else out there will do a better job, i'd certainly beinterested.Thanks very much,Jason

#2 Chip Hedrick

Chip Hedrick

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • New Gloucester

Posted 12 April 2004 - 09:25 PM

The prices on that website seem high. You might want to try:

http://home.att.net/...sauto/index.htm

or

http://www.rallitek.com/

#3 superclock

superclock

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Colorado

Posted 13 April 2004 - 09:13 AM

I am by no means an expert - but I can speak from my experience with performance mods for my '96 Legacy GT. I have an Injen RD cold air intake, Borla headers, and cat-back performance exhaust. I started with the intake and that definitely created more noise under hard acceleration. There was a noticeable increase in power, not stunning, but noticeable. The header gave it a different tone and made it a bit louder during idle and hard acceleration. I "think" I noticed an improvement with the header! The cat-back exhaust made it even louder and made a slight improvement in power, I think. There's probably a synergistic effect combining the header and the exhaust. I don't have a high-flow cat, but I've been told those are REALLY loud. I do a lot of highway driving and have recorded better gas mileage, to the tune of 5 more mpg. Sometimes I think that I should have just saved the money on the mods for a down payment on a better performing vehicle. I firmly believe that in order to have a daily driver that performs well (speaking Subaru) it needs to be turbocharged. An interesting site is www.i-speedusa.com. They do engine swaps for Subaru's.

#4 Reason01

Reason01

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • USA

Posted 13 April 2004 - 09:28 AM

I agree with Chip, Teagues auto is a sweet place to get parts, that where I get most of my parts. Dale Teague is a great guy to do business with. Also another place that my friend goes to for his STi is www.xxtuning.com This place is the balls. They do everything and anything, And I will be doing a dyno pull there to see what my car runs stock. Anyway check out the website, but you will be better off CALLING them, trust me ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users