Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have an 05 Baja Turbo that has developed a minor coolant leak while it sat for a few months. Once the engine get up to running temp, especially if I have started driving, it will have a bit of steam coming from under the hood on the passenger's side. Of course I have looked for the obvious leak but have been unable to track it down. Get really annoying when I run the cabin fan and smell the stuff.

Anyone out there run across any likely spots to check?

Thanks All!

Have not been able to see any drips that is what is making it so difficult. All I get is faint steam and I have been unable to trace the leak. As a result, I have been having to keep to coolant level topped off. It doesn't leak alot, but this is something I want to stop before it becomes a big problem.

Mileage?

How long did it sit?

How positive are you that it's the passengers side?

Front or rear of engine bay?

Passengers side coolant sources:  heater core hoses, turbo, oil cooler hoses, radiator.

I would considser the oil cooler hoses the most likely...in addition to any turbo related sources.

Assuming the car has never been wrecked or any parts removed (engine, etc), the heater core and radiator are unlikely at such low age.

Someone that can do a visual needs to check it.  There are no common areas for this vehicle that I'm aware of, so outside of that it would be hard for someone to tell you where something is leaking that can't see the vehicle.

Just approaching 100k. Car is entrirely clean, now wrecks and I do my best on regular maintanance. I sat for 4 months while I was working out of state but it is back to regualr commuting. I have been looking all around but it only seems to put out small amounts of steam. Don't believe it is the front of the car. If it would dribble fluid, I'm sure I could track it down.