Ultimate Subaru Message Board

88 RX

rpholz

Shot out to JWXs house to pick this up:

58AD806A-4DD2-4FEB-A440-31991AD3D20F-27385-00000F93207941A1_zps17c05387.jpg

Made it all the way to Florida when the rear tire let loose

8B856CB8-D665-4562-8DE2-D7A02CF5E7F4-28015-00001025B64C02F4_zpse06d375c.jpg

Anywho it's home now and looking over the car it's pretty good minimal rust, well except for the hatch:

0A6BC275-A4C3-4E85-960E-0437750ADF50-28015-000010731744487A_zpscb68880b.jpg

No idea how to fix or find a new one.......

Anywho!

Keeping the ea82t

Installing:

Halltech ecu

Spyder intake (possible xt6 throttle body)

Td04

Generic 3" down pipe

Xt6 suspension

TWE up pipe

Evo 8 injectors

Walbro fuel pump

Celica Gt4 AWIC

Gauges out the wazoo

A real radio/speakers

Fixing the shifter and may be installing a XT unit as its about 6" shorter

Waaay down the road:

Golf gti rims and some fat tires

Respray the body

HIDs

Edited by rpholz
  • Like 2

Thanks!

I'm really digging this car so far, the outside is rough but the inside is pretty mint! Even has the factory floor mats.

Probly going to pull the driver seat once it's mechanically sound and have them redo the foam and repair the rips

Quick update:pulled the turbo/exhaust. Had one intake bolts snap, tried lots of PB blaster, drilling it etc etc and it won't budge, gunna let it soak for a day or two and throw some heat at it, need to go down and get new exhaust studs(gunna run all 4) and intake bolts first. That way I can mount the turbo and shorten the downpipe and build the rest of the exhaust. Shooting for 2.5" all the way back with a oem Subaru resonator.

DP:

2A16E7CD-E4EF-462A-B8EF-00EDD3D04E5A-28015-0000108C24A388D9_zps505d0c52.jpg

Got a little bit more work done today,

Pulled the intake(ended up cutting the bolt with a hacksaw blade)

Installed XT pitch stopper and mount.

Went to mock up the spyder intake and realized there was a bolt stuck in that too! Bah! Ill let that soak too.

Gunna yank the motor in the next couple days and clean/inspect the clutch, valve area, etc, slap some new head gaskets on it and put everything together, that way I can run 8-10lbs with ease of mind while I prep my other block for 15-18lbs of boost.

Edited by rpholz
  • Like 1

picked up a water temp guage and threw it in a cluster that came out of a volkswagen(i think..)

F8047531-1759-4FB1-98D5-CE0C3612CA16-32865-0000133E47064FED_zps0106a404.jpg

guage to the left is a A/F that was given to me(JohninKY is the man as always)

still leaves me needing a oil temp/pressure and eventualy a wideband O2

Felpro headgaskets heading my way, engine coming out this weekend along with mounting the guages and starting on the Haltech wiring.

aside from work/crappy weather i've not been able to do any work on it this week.

got started on some of the wiring, just laying it out figuring out routing and such.

D9A60C91-550D-423D-8216-6D7E920D1D23-337

also i have some N/A heads that have been milled but they lack the oil ports for the turbo, so i drilled them out, need to tap the one for the banjo fitting and slap them on.

also figured out why my shifter is so sloppy, the joint that attaches to the trans has NO bushing in it at all. now to figure out how to get that bugger off..

Edited by rpholz

Hey thanks guys!

got a question for those in the know.

I'm making up a wiring diagram for myself and when it comes to the distributor it says for the plug you have [Ground,Power,Position signal and Reference signal]

does anyone know which on is which on reference and position, in other words which on picks up the 360 slots and which one picks up the 4 outer slots?

Also i'm assuming "fast idle soleniod" is a Idle air control? or just to speed up idle while the a/c on?

A good portion of the wiring has been sorted out and the intake has been freed of its useless non go fast bits.

Also I got a radiator for it! Will look into 2 rows in the future but right now the weather is cold and I lacked on to start with....

Found out the oil filter thread 3/4-16

Summit racing here I come!