Ultimate Subaru Message Board

88 RX

rpholz

Yea, they are. no differences between 3dr or RX. it would be easier to make a mold for carbon fiber hatch without everything attached.

ACC belts in. water pump for IC is wired. Thermoswitch in the rad is in. Fan is in. vacuum from intake to ecu is ran.

Wireing is done, well except a 6" lead to a switch, put in a battery, all guages and what have you light up and are ready to go.

tomorrow will be throw the halltech in, load my base map, check the tank, add fuel and turn key.

dont expect to drive it tomorrow as i have 1 oddball tire on it and the shifter linkage is partially disassembled.

igniter?
distributor (swap in another one if you have it), it houses the crank angle sensor which i think the ECU requires to trigger spark?  i've only seen two "go bad" and in both cases it happened on a motor that sat...coincidence or something inside gets corroded....

Justin, I get 12v to the coil. I need to further test the igniter.

Gary, the CAS is working as when I crank it over the haltech reads the rpms. Also I'm afraid I don't have another disty to quickly swap.

Both times I had this happen - the distributors seemed to be working...I just found one post from one of those incidents and I see that I mention I did have spark and everything "seemed" to be working properly - both of those times the car started when i installed another distributor. I would have never tried it in this case posted below had i not seen it happen once before. not likely to be your issue but if you keep hitting dead ends on more likely areas might be worth a shot to clean your existing one out or find another to test.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/119886-xt6-turns-over-does-not-start-or-try/?hl=%2Bdistributor+%2Bstart

ok so here is the update.

CAS in the disty has been replaced

Igniter replaced

Pulled the disty and confirmed which wire is which.

When you first turn the engine over you get 1v at the igniter causing a spark, it then immediately drops to .1v and stays there. Not sure where to look on this one

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got a call from Scott at Haltech (from Australia) we didn't get it running but he showed me what I was doing wrong and did get it to spark consistently. which meaaaaaans. tomorrow after work this this is absolutely going to run!!!

now to go home and count trigger wheel teeth ;)