Ultimate Subaru Message Board

88 RX

rpholz

thanks for the pics rpholz !!    so it looks like et 40 ~ 45 (pushing it with 48) offset is the perfect match for these old cars and wide tires...

I'm just waiting for my rims to be made so once there in will see if 16x8 et45 225 fits ok also... fingers crossed 

ps: nice snap on gun got the same one, also how you like the jic magic suspension ? what model did you use ?     for your mustache bushing you can also use the T bar bushing on the new car but its a bit of work.. in my journal.

I've got some 13" rims that I think are slightly wider and way more offset than factory, they a fit 205/60/13 pretty well on my old XT.

And Nico, yea that snap on is pretty awsome.

The JICs idk yet, I have zero miles on that setup. They are for a 08 WRX and were free. So we'll see. Honestly I want a set if FEALs, they are reasonably priced and freaking awsome.

+9001 for FEAL, Odi is the man. Can't say enough good things about his suspension setups. I remember when he was a regional rally driver in the california rally series, way before his drifting fame. Him and his wife are the nicest people you will ever meet.

He makes some badass rally and motorcycle setups too.

Edited by Ibreakstuff

• 11 months later...

2 YEARS!!!!???? i've had this car for two years and have accomplished nothing.......

meh, so the car is no longer a 88 RX, found quite a bit of rust and well.... the front clip is now 88 and the rest 89.... ill upload pics later.

Current plans:

RWD!

REAR MOUNT RADIATOR!

HALTECH ELITE!

FRONT MOUNT!

car is a complete shell right now, i've ditched everything, i don't intend on putting an interior back in it. or a dash really. simple stack tach and vdo coolant temp, the elite has engine protection options and will use that if something gets too hot or whatever,

the rwd? well, diffs are expensive and i have no center diff options, so rwd, predicable and simple

the rear mount radiator? meh, moar cooling moar space

front mount you say? well theres more room for activities with no rad! reverse mount spyder intake ftw

will be back on this car like mad. currently sprucing up a motorcycle to flip and have the $$$ to accomplish all this

• 5 months later...

IMAG0360_zpsgllgflrk.jpg

Right so a bit of an update,

The black section you see? Yea that's the infamous rotory RX.... It was a pile of crap, the white section? The last remaining parts of my RX, "No 2" this was the best combination of rust free RX that I could get my hands on, and it's still a pile of crap, but whatever.

Moving on, carbed shortblock, turbo heads, jdm A2W intercooler, 08 WRX TD04, custom fuel rails, 2.5l turbo injectors, haltech platinum sport 1000, custom harness that I am almost done with, f150 fuel pump, f150 fuel filter -6 AN fuel lines, Cusco catch can, different coolant routing, 2l expansion tank, forge BOV, TWE header, mmanual rack, RX trans/diff, JIC rear coilovers (working on fronts) Enkie wheels, 185/60r13 federal 595 tires, no interior, massively cut down factory harness, stock brakes (working on pads) fluidine oil cooler off a NASCAR, ahhh some other crap I don't remember. I'm hoping to get it running this week. Might even be able to make the Tougefest in November. It's certainly not the best car out there but it's a Damn site better than it was!

Edited by rpholz