Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Will these Pugs work for Brat?

I don't know as to which winch to get, but for ease of mounting, I would look for a factory bull-bar, preferably one with a winch mount. I don't know about the ones equipped for mounting a winch, but the standard ones usually aren't too hard to find.

15" and 390mm wil both bolt up. Tires will be extremely expensive for the 390mm wheels. As McBrat suggested communication with the seller would be mandatory.

The winch depends on what you plan to use it for. What type of winch mount are you going to use?

I bought my brat with a SuperWinch Brushguard on it that is attached to the front frame of the brat. I wouldn't use it much, just in case I get bogged down in mud and need to get a boost out.

Sounds like you need a Superwinch then.Anywhere from a 2500lbs on up. I have used the 2500 before and it works OK for pulling. I currently have a S4500 on my Brat and it works extremely well. Kind of big to mount to a Brat permanently though. Mine is set up on a removable mount.

Thanks Qman. I have one more question, I want to put in an order for a lift kit from BYB, but I don't know the right way to go around to pay for it. I emailed pkdavis and haven't heard back from him yet. Do I send him a check along with the info on my Brat or how does that work. Thanks

There are two main differences between the 15" and the 390mm. One is metric and one is SAE measurements. Metric was used by a few European manufacturers for a short amount of time, and when they stopped selling cars with metric wheels (390mm) tire manufacturers stopped making the matching tires in any noticable quantity. In fact I think only Bridgestone or Continental is the last tire company that makes these tires and they cost about $25 north of $200 A PEICE! My friend bought a pair from the junkyard for his BMW and when he found out that the price for replacement tires, he decided that once the originals wore out, the rims were in the garbage!