Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Aftermarket Accelerator cable problems?

Hey all,

Finally got around to the brat again and I'm having issues installing the aftermarket accel cable from oriellys. The plastic clip that goes into the firewall is too big. I've had to file it down quite a bit to gt it to fit and even now it's not how I'd like it. Just wondering if any of you have had problems with this / if any of you have the part number for an OEM unit. The orielly part number was :

Pioneer Inc. - Accelerator Cable

Part # CA8609

Line: PIO

Thanks all.

dealer couldnt get one for mine.  It has one of the various forms of cruise control on it, that uses 3 cables.  One from the throttle pedal to a junction box.  One from the cruise control gizmo to the junction box, and one from the junction box to the carb.

So I built my own, using new motorcycle brake cables, sheaths, and ends.

The cable is slightly larger diameter than OEM, but uses MANY more strands of wire, and the sheaths are much higher quality, lined with nylon.

• Like 1

Update:

OEM unit was $26 and snapped into place in less than 2 minutes...... Wow, guess I'll be buying OEM parts from now on. Cant believe I wasted all that time filing down an inferior product. Still looking into how the ball&chain cruise control thing hooks to the pedal, but at least its drivable now