Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Oh Man, i think im gonna keep it (84 BRAT)

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#26 Subruise

Subruise

Official Party Pooper

• Members
  • 1,396 posts
  • pierce county

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

sweet, thank you for the knowledge. I can add to the "have" list the parts you mentioned. At this point Im not necessarily planning on lifting it, but we all know how that goes....

I knew about the front clips being the same, but I need rockers from a two door car right? Im sure somebody who possesses some amount of welding prowess could accomplish bodging 4 door stuff but I dont want to find out until I have to.

#27 86BRATMAN

86BRATMAN

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 3,207 posts
  • Tazewell Virginia

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

whenever I get another ea81 car, I'm not going to lift it either, I'm going to go with a basic flat bar adapter between the body and crossmember. My fabricator friend has my drawing for the piece I'll need to do it, basically a flat piece of metal cut for lag bolts going into the frame the opposite direction of the stock bolts and attached that way, and bolted simulator the crossmember, won't add more than a quarter inch thickness.

#28 Subruise

Subruise

Official Party Pooper

• Members
  • 1,396 posts
  • pierce county

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

simulator lol? I think Im pickin up what youre puttin down. Ill know even better when it comes time for that part to take place. Until I fix the rockers/front end/ bed rot (maybe lol), I feel like I am putting the cart before the horse so to speak. Lets see that bracket  :popcorn:  I know Im not the only one who would appreciate that

#29 86BRATMAN

86BRATMAN

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 3,207 posts
  • Tazewell Virginia

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

lol, stupid auto correct, I'll get up with my friend this week, I've gotta pick up an ej25 from him so I can start a rebuild for his gt so I'll get my draft back and post a pic.

#30 Subruise

Subruise

Official Party Pooper

• Members
  • 1,396 posts
  • pierce county

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

SWEEET thank you! I want to scoot around in this thing so bad I can taste it. I need to drive my BRAT

#31 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,379 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

i see no repairs on this thing. just a need for them. gitcher bunghole up here and check it out/drink beers also no dents in tailgate, just rust.

Fair enough lol.I was gonna be pissed that I didna snag it if it was my OLD brat. :)
cheers

#32 Subruise

Subruise

Official Party Pooper

• Members
  • 1,396 posts
  • pierce county

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

Fair enough lol.I was gonna be pissed that I didna snag it if it was my OLD brat. :)
cheers

cheers to you sir, and may I commend your fab skills (nudge)......youd better make sure this isnt your old ride lol

#33 Subruise

Subruise

Official Party Pooper

• Members
  • 1,396 posts
  • pierce county

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

this guy is now for sale, sans motor........make offer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users