Ultimate Subaru Message Board

impreza ps pump in svx

ivans imports

had a bad power stering pump on my svx was able to sub in a 97 impreza pump with slight mods fixed the svx pump that was airating thiss is the 3rd svx pump have seen failed in the last 3 months. The preshure releif valve was worn on a angle and was bypassing making the fliud airated and foaming over the top of resivor. The impreza pump seems to work better with less leaks also i removed the return line cooler and its mutiple leaking conections now is leak free and works great

• 2 weeks later...

I had looked at a impreza PS pump a few months back when I had an issue on my SVX.   Funny cuz I asked on the SVX forums about interchangeability and they said no other pump would fit..   I ended up getting a reman pump off rock auto for 70 bucks or something, but I will be grabbing a impreza pump from work tommorow to have as a spare

you must look at the bolt pattern there is a large on and a small one mine used the small one so had to be a 97 or newer pump had to transfer the svx tank and use the impreza oring and slightly bend the line to accomadate the missing preshure valve switch. the new rack i put in whouldent stop airateing the fluid was the relif valve in the pump was worn on a angle and letting fluid bypass have done 3 with the impreza pump now works good and i have a pile of them good svx pump never seen one