Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

I need a back bumper for my Brat. HELP

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SubiBratz

SubiBratz

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • spokane

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

I needed one forever. No here is willing to help. Just trying to get the Franken brat back on the road... Spokane

#2 talldude

talldude

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • Placerville

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

I have a bumper only (not brackets) in fair condition but shipping from 95726 would probably be more than you'd want to spend.  PM me if you're interested and we can go from there.

#3 SubiBratz

SubiBratz

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • spokane

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

Yeah little too much there. Thanks for the help. Anyone else out there......

#4 maestro

maestro

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • fieldale, va

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

I have the same issure. All the ones I find are dented or bent. I finallt found a bumper/brush guard combo in decent shape for the from. Still no luck for a rear bumper. Probably going to make one. Wold love to stay original but not likely seeing the rarity of these parts. Maybe one day we will run accross one.

#5 bendecker

bendecker

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • Lakeside, CA

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

If you find one that is dented or bent, you can take it to a good bumper restoration company. They will straighten it out and re-chrome it for you. The last time I had this done it as about $150.00.

However, if you go that route, be sure to paint the back of the bumper with something like SEM Rust Shield. When they re-chrome, they etch the heck out of the back of the bumper and it starts to rust much faster than the factory original. A good coating of Rust Shield helps slow that waaaaay down.

#6 SubiBratz

SubiBratz

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • spokane

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

I found one. I found one. I found one. Pull it off a 79 wagon.... Thanks for the help....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users