Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Bump-stop plate (what is it called?)

Just so you know, London, (I think that might be my nick-name for you, Nick, if you don't mind =P) the text at the bottom of the page is still black and a bit hard to read. Little FYI.

Also, I really am admiring all of the work you've done to that little wagon. Your pictoral step-by-step guides to everything you're doing is going to be a bible to somebody eventually I'm sure. I think some of your repairs should be linked to and stickied in the USRM.
Bravo!

Hey Hoboken - many, many thanks for your encouragement. I'll change the colour of the type (I'm using old-school MS Word to make my webpages and it doesn't always do the wysiwyg thing). Of course I kid myself that the pages will be useful so it's very gratifying to know that someone else thinks so too.

Nice job.  I'd say that's some very slick looking fab work with your templates and all. 

I had to do something similar when I added XT turbo rear control arms to my wagon( 19mm swaybar!!!)  The XT arms had no bumpstops, so I had to add them to keep my tires from rubbing the wheel well lips on compression(215/65/15 tires)

I also had to extend those stop plates upward on my 6inch lifted rig.......otherwise, again the wheels stuffed up in, and traveled so far up that I was hyper extending axles under compression.

You are wise to replace the bumpstop, they really are useful.