Ultimate Subaru Message Board

xt6 pressure plate

I got a 2.5l in my 92 4wd loyale. I am now on my 2nd throw out bearing. My clutch setup is a xt6 pressure plate and disc. With a loyale throw out bearing. This setup does good for about 2 months but then the throw out bearing starts to chirp and the bearing follows its lead.... my clutch is also stiff. I have adjusted the clutch to no avail. I am also getting a lil shutter on clutch engagement in 2 wheel and 4.. I'm am just curious if anybody runs this setup or if I'm overlooking something..

My plan is to run an xt6 throw out bearing. But I'm.not sure its any different? If so where is a good supplier Thanks guys and girls any help its appreciated .

IIRC it should be the same as a normal EA82 throwout bearing, but if you can't find a solution, just run EA82 4wd wagon clutch parts, but make sure your flywheel is ground to xt6 spec. Thats what I'm running, granted I have an EJ22, but it should be more than enough for an EJ25. I daily drive mine on 31's and I never have slippage issues, even offroad. 

Josh

Resurface your flywheel, and have the step set to .815

Use an EA82 4wd clutch.  Most suppliers have supeceded to the same parts for EA82 4WD and XT6 clutches.  OEM used different, but now Exedy, Valeo, Sachs.......have all switched to the same parts for both.

• 7 years later...