Ultimate Subaru Message Board

CLUTCH ISSUES

the 2wd clutch is different. IRRC ones 8" ones 10" some one will correct me if I'm wrong.

but have you adjusted the clutch? they are not self adjusting pull the spare tire and look at the clutch cable, if theres some threads left on the cable end you probably dont need a new clutch. its a common thing for subie newbies/

i have adjusted the clutch all the way now and it stopped slipping for a few months but it has started up again about a month or so again so i know it needs replaced. ok so the 2wd clutch is different but will it work in my 4wd temporarily? or will it just not fit?

the 2wd clutch is different. IRRC ones 8" ones 10" some one will correct me if I'm wrong.

but have you adjusted the clutch? they are not self adjusting pull the spare tire and look at the clutch cable, if theres some threads left on the cable end you probably dont need a new clutch. its a common thing for subie newbies/

ohh and what is IRRC mean?

ok now i feel stupid but can anyone tell me if the 2wd clutch will work temporarily :huh:  in a 4wd?

Short answer is no. FWD clutch is 200mm in diameter with a 7/8" diameter 21 spline center on the disc. The 4WD clutch is 225mm in diameter with a 1" diameter 24 spline center. With that, the search function of the board is a wonderful asset... use it.

Capn_r was being awfully nice, because he gave information before suggesting SEARCH; others are a little crankier about using SEARCH.  Don't take it personally, as every new member seems to get harangued about this. 

I have trouble with SEARCH, and I have written a few search engines...

• Like 1