Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

CLUTCH ISSUES

loyale clutch subaru

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SBSies0803

SBSies0803

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Portland Oregon

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:56 AM

OK so i have a 1992 subaru loyale 5sp w/4wd and the clutch is having issues and i have ordered a new clutch, my problem is i think i ordered a clutch for a 2wd and not a 4wd, so will it work in it or did i just screw up and need to return it after i get it?

#2 AKghandi

AKghandi

87 GL-10 2" lift 27" tires, 86 GL 2" lift 29"

• Members
  • 1,056 posts
  • Anchorage, Alaska

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:00 AM

the 2wd clutch is different. IRRC ones 8" ones 10" some one will correct me if I'm wrong.

but have you adjusted the clutch? they are not self adjusting pull the spare tire and look at the clutch cable, if theres some threads left on the cable end you probably dont need a new clutch. its a common thing for subie newbies/

#3 SBSies0803

SBSies0803

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Portland Oregon

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:06 AM

i have adjusted the clutch all the way now and it stopped slipping for a few months but it has started up again about a month or so again so i know it needs replaced. ok so the 2wd clutch is different but will it work in my 4wd temporarily? or will it just not fit?

#4 SBSies0803

SBSies0803

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Portland Oregon

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

the 2wd clutch is different. IRRC ones 8" ones 10" some one will correct me if I'm wrong.

but have you adjusted the clutch? they are not self adjusting pull the spare tire and look at the clutch cable, if theres some threads left on the cable end you probably dont need a new clutch. its a common thing for subie newbies/

ohh and what is IRRC mean?

#5 ystrdyisgone

ystrdyisgone

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • MT

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:56 AM

IIRC(if I recall correctly)

#6 SBSies0803

SBSies0803

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Portland Oregon

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

ok now i feel stupid but can anyone tell me if the 2wd clutch will work temporarily :huh:  in a 4wd?

#7 capn_r

capn_r

Pseudo Soob Noob

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • Morton WA

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

ok now i feel stupid but can anyone tell me if the 2wd clutch will work temporarily :huh:  in a 4wd?

Short answer is no. FWD clutch is 200mm in diameter with a 7/8" diameter 21 spline center on the disc. The 4WD clutch is 225mm in diameter with a 1" diameter 24 spline center. With that, the search function of the board is a wonderful asset... use it.

#8 SBSies0803

SBSies0803

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Portland Oregon

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

ok thank you and im still trying to learn this site 

#9 NorthWet

NorthWet

Eeyore Incarnate

• Members
  • 5,039 posts
  • Bremerton, WA

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:35 AM

Capn_r was being awfully nice, because he gave information before suggesting SEARCH; others are a little crankier about using SEARCH.  Don't take it personally, as every new member seems to get harangued about this. 

I have trouble with SEARCH, and I have written a few search engines...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users