Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Spring stiffeners for '00 Outback.

I've searched, but can't find what I'm looking for.

I'm trying to find spring stiffeners for my '00 Outback. The back springs are ridiculously soft in this car, makes it utterly useless for hauling lots of stuff. Not sure why Subaru did this, anyway, if there are any spring stiffeners I could just throw on when I'm hauling stuff, and pull out when I'm unloaded, that would be cool.

Here are examples of why I need to make springs stiffer sometimes..

IMG_4676_zpsa6d402dd.jpg

IMG_4692_zpscdde6c0a.jpg

Why will that work? nowhere on that link does it say it'll work for an Outback. It needs to have the correct size notches for the springs and the correct spacing. If it's not the correct part and I have to modify it, I may as well just make one from scratch in the first place.

Hmm, interesting tip on the baja springs. I don't want any lift, though. That's the thing, I just want more stiff. It's not all the time I'm hauling heavy stuff, but often enough to be annoying. So temporary things OR stiffer non-lift springs would work.

Why will that work? nowhere on that link does it say it'll work for an Outback. It needs to have the correct size notches for the springs and the correct spacing. If it's not the correct part and I have to modify it, I may as well just make one from scratch in the first place.

Well you would obviously have to take measurements before purchasing to insure figment. I more mean that that style of stiffner should work.

As for stiffer non lifting springs talk to Paul at Primitive. He sells king springs and can get stock height king HD springs which are roughly 30% stiffer than stock.

-garrett

the baja springs are "said" to lift the car, truthfully if it did lift mine I didn't notice it.  Out of the box - they are the same length as the stock springs, so the only lift would be less "settling" of the rear, which isn't much.  someone has probably measured it, i can take pictures of mine.

the baja springs are "said" to lift the car, truthfully if it did lift mine I didn't notice it.  Out of the box - they are the same length as the stock springs, so the only lift would be less "settling" of the rear, which isn't much.  someone has probably measured it, i can take pictures of mine.

That's awesome, exactly what I wanted to hear! Don't worry about pics, I trust your word on this. If it lifts the car 1/2" I don't care, that's not really noticeable. Also, stiffer springs will probably make it handle less like a bag of limp dicks.

• Like 1