Ultimate Subaru Message Board

so should i or shouldn't i?

been awhile since i've had an old scooby but i find myself in need of reliable cheap wheels.. and i am falling back on old scoobies since i know them so well.. 

anyways,  i will prolly pick up an  84 gl wagon,   spotless inside and out with the exception of the dash..

interior has been redone original,

power windows, power mirrors, a/c, power steering,   its loaded for an old wagon..    only down side is its an auto..     other good stuff is everything has been repaired and resealed,  runs like a new car..

body is straight, no dents,  100% rust free too.. 

post-140-0-14481700-1361331038_thumb.jpg

how many miles is on it? i would hesitate if it has quite a few miles on it because the auto's dont last the well unless maintained and treated well. thats why you almost never see the autos because people swap to stick, the cars with autos end up in the junkyard, and they cost more to rebuild thean the car worth in most cases. but sounds like a great car and also sounds well maintained so take it for a drive and see what happens. im in the same boat with my 4wd auto 83 turbo wagon idk if the tranny is any good or not untell i finish hooking stuff up for the engine and put in all new fluids all the way around.

Edited by turbosubarubrat

its got 166k,  its been maintained pretty well.. a body shop owns it, they use it for a run around car if they need something, its a subaru only body shop heh..

i figured i'd be converting to a stick this summer anyways.. not to worried about that,  its a day job for me, well used to be, haha..