Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Proof: I'm still around, and can still get dirty

Subarutex

I've been here a long time.  Way back in the day I built this car, and used it to follow the HatchPatrol around the trails of the PNW.  Most of us faded from taking the old rigs to the dirt,  the smart ones invested in more capable Toyotas, the others moved on down the road of life.  I chose to invest that time/money in other projects... But I still have the Beast, and I still continue to drive it nearly everyday.

Recently I got the chance (thanks Qman!) to take the Beast through its paces on film for Subiesport.tv.  The experience was well worth the day off, and it did re-ignite my offroading desire!

Check out the video here: http://subiesport.tv/site/2013/02/subiesport-s01-e02-crossover-megatest/

You have to sign up I think, but its free.  Its a well produced 20 minute video, my part starts at the 7min mark or so.

Car specs:

'86 GL Wagon (stock: Carb'd EA82, 3.9 5spd D/R)

EJ22 Swap

FT4wd RX transmission w/ center diff lock (3.7)

3.7 LSD

3" BYB Lift

15" Redrilled steel wheels

BFG AT Tires

Matte Green Wrap

• Like 1

I love the idea of building a rally car, but it's sooo hard on all the hard work you've done, especially for those that aren't sponsored!  But I suppose the better you are, the less damage... Supposedly... But when you watch Pastrana, Block or McRae videos.  They're going to win OR tear the car in half..  I label it, "damn the torpedoes-brave"  

Or video on a site that doesn't require a expensive membership. I have no problem donating for sites, but not one I'm not going to frequent. But I'd love to see video/pics. I've always loved your rig.

You don't have to pay to be member. Limited access for free accounts, but you can watch the video free.

Oh and the title of your thread reminds me of the Sublime song, "What I got"

Sublime - What I got... 
Slightly edited for Subaru owners..

Rally in the morning, sideways down the street;
Light me up that Blizzak set, leaving blackmarks on the street.
Got to find a reason, the reason bearings went wrong;
NOT to find a reason why my money's all gone.
I have a Subaru; I can still jump high;
I can drift the forest like a motherf***'n riot!

Edited by Legacy RallyGuy