Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Parts discounts

Lets start a list of parts people willing to discount for USMB'ers. I work at NAPA in Eugene, and am willing to give the wholesale discount to anyone who comes in and mentions USMB to me. Unfortunately, we do not ship, but if we can get a network together, people won't have to order UPS for common stuff.

Brian

About six months ago, I contacted some upper-management person at the national headquarters asking if there was a possibility of issuing some nationwide discount for our members. He, of course, passed the buck and I got a call from the local dude who offered me and the other locals like 10% off at the neighborhood store, but couldn't do anything for the membership as a whole. If you have a personal in (or a professional one) we might be able to get somewhere.

I was hoping to get other parts dudes to put up posts and maybe make this a sticky! (hint hint!)

For other parts questions, PM me or call 541-342-2626 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8:30 to 7:00.

to answer your questions:

GD -

We buy and sell parts between stores some - since there are different ownership groups for each store/set of stores, we charge each other 10% profit markup on sales, so we only do it as a last resort when the distribution center in Portland doesn't have the part. I "might" be able to sell parts through the store attached to the DC on Lombard Street, but it would not be easy, especially since I'm not supposed to take Visas over the phone. Have to check with the DC people.

Caboobaroo -

Dana ball joints are $31.47 - regular $56.79

Beck Arnley's are $29.53 - regular $44.49

Would have to order from portland, but we have 2 trucks a day weekdays, so it is not a problem.

For factory Subaru parts you can contact Folger Subaru. They are here in Charlotte, NC. You will want to speak with Mike in the parts department. Can't state a discount amount, as it will probably vary a bit depending on the size ($) of the item. I will however say, I have purchased some stock stuff (head gasket kit) for cheaper or near the same price as one from NAPA. It's worth checking with them if it's an important part and you want to stick with factory stuff. They can ship if needed. Number is: (toll free) (800) 527-7020

Steven

Any other parts guys out there? Let's make this a network. No one should have to pay retail! BTW, I can get a wholesale discount at Kendall Subaru here in town because of working at NAPA if that helps anybody as well. Let me know!

I haven't done business with them for a year or so, but "Chris" at the Lynnwood, WA Bow-Wow store was giving USMB members a nice discount. I got my Redline Weber there and they saved me a bunch of money and I got it quick. I've also purchased OEM oil pumps and other stuff from them also at good prices. The Seattle Bow-Wow might give discounts too. Maybe Zap can confirm or deny this since I haven't been to that store in a long time.