Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Front hub interchangeability? 1981 Brat

Quick question for the gurus: I'm starting to look for some front hubs for my '81 Brat to drill for the 6-lug conversion (I want to keep the stock ones around to be able to change back). Are there any particular years that interchange and, more importantly, are there any years to avoid?

I saw a listing for some on ebay, but it says they will only fit 78-79. Rear hubs are still readily available new (albeit expensive), so I'm only in need of the fronts.

Also, anyone have a set that they might be willing to part with?

Thanks!

-Ben

This may not be the answer you want but it is probably the simplest and least expensive solution. Go ahead and convert yout existing hubs and drums. If you want to switch back simply pop out the extra studs and put two of them back where they belong for the 4x140 pattern.

Thanks for the not. That's definitely the cheapest solution, but I'd still like to have a set of unmodified hubs in my backup stash.

Anyone....?

Since you're not getting much response I'll chime in.  I am not 100% sure, but the '81 Brat was the last year of the Gen 1 body style, but it got the same running gear as the '81 wagon and hatch, so the hubs are the same as the Gen II ea81 series.

'80-'84 wagon

'81-'87 Brat

'80-'89 Hatch

Someone will correct me if I am wrong.