Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Crossmember/Diff Drop kit Install?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 herb

herb

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • PNW

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

Anybody have any pics or instructions on installing the BOSS drop kit on an EA82? I've got quite a few pieces and I'd rather not start tearing stuff apart without a gameplan. I appreciate it!

#2 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,380 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

Does the kit have all the bolts and hardware?If not get ahold of bill and find out everything you will need and get that all in advance,because there is nothing worse than needing a bolt,nut or washer when your car is torn down.

After you have everything you need set everything in front of you and visualize where everything needs to go.Then start with the front end because it will take the longest.After that the rear is cake.

Impact wrenches are awesome for getting everything loose.

How big is the lift anyway?

Edited by Uberoo, 23 February 2013 - 05:06 PM.

#3 herb

herb

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • PNW

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

yup all the hardware appears to be there, the quality of the kit is top notch for sure! its a 2" drop for a 2" lift

#4 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,380 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:09 AM

like I said start at the front.

put a jack/jack stand/block under the engine/suspension cross member undo all bolts holding cross member to car including steering shaft,undo upper strut mount from body,remove rubber mounts for exhaust.Raise body up off cross member struts enough to install lift.Then get all the bolts/nuts started before tightening any of them down. install steering extension loosely. Once all the blocks are in correctly, tighten them as well as the steering extension.After all that the rear is cake.

NOTE: your camber will be FUBAR until you have a chance to drive the car around the block and get the suspension to settle.

#5 herb

herb

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • PNW

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

Okay I'm at a loss.  I understand the concept of how to install it (thanks uberoo!), I just don't have any idea where the 20 different blocks are supposed to go.  I'll try to get a picture of the kit maybe some of you gurus can point me in the right direction.  It's my daily driver, so I cant just tear into this project blindly and figure out over a couple days, I've got a very limited time frame to wrench so I need to do my homework before I dive in...  

#6 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

Here is a pic from a 3" kit I sold a few years ago, it has basically the same parts, laid out as they are to be installed on the car, with the exception of the mustache bar. Your kit has 2 extra blocks cut from 2x2 that bolt between the body and the mustache bar brackets.

Feel free to PM me with any more questions, I should have taken pictures of your kit laid out before I shipped it, so that's my bad.

-Bill

#7 Tosh

Tosh

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • Centralia, WA

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

here are the pictures from my 6" rear end install.

533745_10100579250319783_1894819869_n.jp

61456_10100579250818783_1182339636_n.jpg

#8 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,380 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

I dont have a ea82 but this is what I was able to figure out 

Edited by Uberoo, 27 February 2013 - 04:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users