Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

fan resistor coil block

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ivantruckman

ivantruckman

4 inch lift

• Members
  • 874 posts
  • caro, MI.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

Attached File  resistorblodoldnew_800x533.jpg   35.85K   32 downloadswow i had a heck of a time getting this out , had to drill 2 of the three screws , soldered some new homade nichrome wire coils in and all set for another 216.000 miles

#2 Ofeargall

Ofeargall

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Dallas, OR

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

After cleaning out my entire vent system because of mouse activity, I see I need to do this too. Have you tested to see I the solder melts off the resistor wire?

#3 ivantruckman

ivantruckman

4 inch lift

• Members
  • 874 posts
  • caro, MI.

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

After cleaning out my entire vent system because of mouse activity, I see I need to do this too. Have you tested to see I the solder melts off the resistor wire?

yes i did this same thing to my 86 Gl wag two years ago , no problems

#4 Ofeargall

Ofeargall

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Dallas, OR

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

I just twisted the good-enough parts of the fan speed #1 resistor coils together to see if it would work as I was reassembling everything last night and, behold, it seems to work. It's short term, but at least it's working.

Now, to find a new switch. The #4 position on mine only works if you push and hold it up a little. Looks like another trip to the junk yard since I can't seem to find the switch itself on rock auto...

#5 ivantruckman

ivantruckman

4 inch lift

• Members
  • 874 posts
  • caro, MI.

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

I just twisted the good-enough parts of the fan speed #1 resistor coils together to see if it would work as I was reassembling everything last night and, behold, it seems to work. It's short term, but at least it's working.

Now, to find a new switch. The #4 position on mine only works if you push and hold it up a little. Looks like another trip to the junk yard since I can't seem to find the switch itself on rock auto

i have one here , i have never heard

of a switch going bad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users