Ultimate Subaru Message Board

question about power steering in a 2002 h6 3.0 out back

i just replaced engine in my 2002 out back h6 3.0...  Before engine was removed power steering was excellent ..During engine removel  I  had power steering lines drained & then dropped power steering down because I was thinking i needed to do this to get at tourque converter bolts till i discovered there on engine top thats another story .. any way moter in and runs great..I learned allot thanks to you good people.  The power steering was  installed the same way plenty of fluid but now its noisy and whiney still has power steering going down road , my question Do these systems have to have air bled out or something I can't figure out whats wrong.. Any help would be appreciated...Jim

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Do you know the part number for the hose that connects to the o-ring/housing? I'm having a hard time finding the correct part. I have that 34611AE110 is the part number from this site: http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/en_b12/type_21/steering/power_steering_system/

Nothing seems to come up when I search on the dealers site with that part number. Also I found one for the 2.5 I'm not sure if it would fit on a 3.0?