Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hibernating 360 roars to life.......

Hot car, Cold day. My little 69 Subaru 360 Sedan with flames has been sitting patiently for months.  I've been involved resurecting other cars like my Honda 600's and havent had time to drive this one. What a little gem!. Charged the battery and she starts right up. I was expecting it to smoke out the neighborhood on startup like it had in the past. Suprisingly very little two stroke smoke was emitted. Quite the normal amount actually......almost like I drove it yesterday.  Got the little Subaru up to 65mph .....Making a cold morning hot...

• Like 1

I use REDLINE smokeless. Subaru 360's are all oil injected. When the dash light comes on you fill the resiviour and go.

That is quite an advanced feature for its time. Marine engines didn't start using resivours until about 15 years ago. Prior to that all marine engines required you to premix the gas and oil.

Yep, I know.  Subaru 360's were way before the times, the oil pump injects oil directly into the crank bearings, what is left over lubricates the cylinders, flow from the pump varies with throttle and speed, idle is 100:1 mix, WOT @5000 rpm is 35:1 mix. Really smart. Smokes very little, easy on oil, easy on the atmosphere

off topic a little but i hate you i want a honda 600 so freaking badly 

Don't hate me, focus your energy on something constructive and get yourself one. There are dozens on dozens available. Honda 600's are way easier to find than a Subaru 360. 

Here's about 40 Honda 600's for sale in one place. Make it happen !