Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

somebody tried breaking in to my soob!

door handle/panel

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 subi dude

subi dude

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Broomfield, CO

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

so i have an 88 gl-10 with a very nice stereo. somebody tried breaking in through the passenger door and COMPLETELY destroyed the door handle, and didnt even get in, which is good.

But i am going to visit the pull a part today to get a new handle and have some questions.

1.  i have power door locks and power windows. so im trying to get some info on pulling the door panel?(what to do first, etc..)

2. they f***ed everything up so much that i can only roll the window down about half way. So are there any internal parts anyone thinks i should get that the place wont charge me too much for?

Edited by subi dude, 24 February 2013 - 01:44 PM.

#2 subi dude

subi dude

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Broomfield, CO

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

This is what they did!!!

Attached Files

#3 Subruise

Subruise

Official Party Pooper

• Members
  • 1,436 posts
  • pierce county

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

that sucks dude! move back to tacoma

#4 Prwa101

Prwa101

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • Sandy, OR

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

Dang man... id sit in the back seat with a shotgun waiting for that dude to come back....

#5 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,398 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

wow, they are dumb criminals.It is really easy to get into those cars.
Buy a whole new door.The damage around the handle is likely to make it easier for second attempt.

AND, I dunno about you,But my car as a whole is more important than a nice rump roast stereo in a hoopty.rethink your approach .Like mounting the stereo in a lockable console in the middle.
etc....

#6 ferox

ferox

King of the Echo People

• Members
  • 835 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

Lameness.  Obviously it wasn't a pro or you would be out a stereo and this would be a different thread, but it's an extra annoying pita having to repair your car because of some dumb*ss with a screwdriver.

#7 MR_Loyale

MR_Loyale

20 Years of Ownership. 94-14

• Members
  • 875 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

that sucks dude! move back to tacoma

Because Tacoma is so free of crime.

rofl.gif

#8 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,426 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

dumb theif never realized he could have put his arm between the window and the frameless door to unlock it. no damage.

#9 l75eya

l75eya

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 1,464 posts
  • Hoboken, NJ

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

Wow, dumb criminals. I find it unnerving that I can get into my locked car in less than 2 minutes. This guy probably stood there for a good five minutes hacking away at your door handle.

Also if you have a nice stereo, it should have a detachable faceplate. DETACH it! lol

Sorry about your door handle.

Oh and just lightly pry away the door car around it's edges. It has clips that will pop out. After they're all off you can reach in and unplug the wiring harness for the power window. Power door lock is all internal to the door. it could be helpful to pop off the plastic trim piece behind the door handle. And you have to take the arm rest off before anything else.

#10 Subruise

Subruise

Official Party Pooper

• Members
  • 1,436 posts
  • pierce county

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

Because Tacoma is so free of crime.

rofl.gif

hey! at least somebody got it...

#11 MR_Loyale

MR_Loyale

20 Years of Ownership. 94-14

• Members
  • 875 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

Years ago someone tried to open my Loyale trunk with a screwdriver. The key slot is still bent out a bit where the idiot tried prying on it. Smash and grabbers tend to be drug abusers looking for a quick score.

Edited by MR_Loyale, 24 February 2013 - 02:33 PM.

#12 Dinky26

Dinky26

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Wichita KS

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

To bad so many people suck, makes me want to slam the door shut on their tongue or what ever & then take off at about 15mph & see how long they can keep up.

#13 88wacaroo

88wacaroo

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • Denver,Co.

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

Subi dude,I think you will need a new door-bummer...JY today!? I have a Foot of snow at my house-Alameda/1-25 and I"m hopin for 20" so I can go out an play in Zumie{81Hatch} :headbang:  and laugh at Hondas{WANABES} that are stuck :popcorn:  and to dinky26 your nice...I"d slam their hand in the hatch an drive 15-20mi.out to the sticks and make walk home without shoes!!!! NAW-Waste of Gas,Instead I"d amputate their thumb w/my dykes {If the Dogs didn"t git em 1st!!} so they remember for the rest of their waste of oxygen life!!!!

#14 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,426 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

A securely mounted stereo may as well amount to a wrecked dash. I have resorted to leaving my car unlocked at times i have no valuables in it. My woman has the car and i encourage her to remove the faceplate to the stereo. Her car gets rummaged thru once a month because she fails to lock it. One day the faceplate was missong in the radio. I found it the next day in the alley after it was run over. It still works, missing the volume knob.

Replacing the radio is easier than the door, window, dash, etc. It's nice to know that a $200 car radio is worth about $20 on the street if you ever had to replace it with your own stolen unit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users