Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Plug swap failed to fix miss on my WRX - looking for ideas

miss WRX intermittent miss

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#76 1 Lucky Texan

1 Lucky Texan

I read a lot about Subarus

• Members
  • 4,556 posts
  • Texas

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

definitely reproduced the problem by cycling the a/c comp while driving in 4th at about 2200 rpm. I tightened the belt, it did seem loose.

tomorrow, hopefully, it won't still be doing it. if it is, maybe the compressor is going bad?

#77 1 Lucky Texan

1 Lucky Texan

• Members
  • 4,556 posts
  • Texas

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

thanx to everyone for hanging in there with your ideas and support.

seems normal now.

#78 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 8,501 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:13 PM

Some drag is normal when the AC compressor engages. Can you spin the compressor hub easily by hand?

#79 1 Lucky Texan

1 Lucky Texan

• Members
  • 4,556 posts
  • Texas

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:37 AM

I can't feel it cycle now. The belt must have been skipping/slipping/grabbing or ???? Someone on another Forum suggested looking for oil on the belt. Looks clean, no stains, etc.

newest mystery, at some time, I seem to have lost the gasket on the oil filler cap. I never found an unusual part in my garage, it isn't stuck to the filler tube, but it's been many years since the dealer has done an oil change on it, so ????
got a gasket on order from ebay.

I hate mysteries with my car.

Edited by 1 Lucky Texan, 22 April 2013 - 07:38 AM.

#80 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 8,501 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

I've nearly lost that gasket at least half a dozen times. It sticks to the filler tube just until you get the cap screwed off then it pops loose and falls off the side. Drives me crazy.
I bet its sitting under your ac compressor or the intake manifold if it didnt fall on the ground.

#81 1 Lucky Texan

1 Lucky Texan

• Members
  • 4,556 posts
  • Texas

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

I've nearly lost that gasket at least half a dozen times. It sticks to the filler tube just until you get the cap screwed off then it pops loose and falls off the side. Drives me crazy.
I bet its sitting under your ac compressor or the intake manifold if it didnt fall on the ground.

I'm gonna look, thanx

#82 1 Lucky Texan

1 Lucky Texan

• Members
  • 4,556 posts
  • Texas

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

Fairtax4me , you win the Internets !, I award you one of these;

subaru-o.gif GIFSoup

I found the gasket between the dipstick tube and the rear of the timing cover. It had to have been there at least 6 months if I dropped it. (I can't see how it wasn't me.)

so, I feel like this;

brzdrive-o.gif GIFSoup

#83 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 8,501 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

That's awesome that it was still there!
I learned to check for the gasket when I get the filler cap unscrewed about 3/4 of the way. If its stuck to the filler I just nudge it with my finger to break it loose, then spin the cap back on so the gasket seats into the recess, then I can remove the cap without the gasket rolling away.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: miss, WRX, intermittent miss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users