Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

my 83 brat

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 sumoco

sumoco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:12 AM

got damn that brat looks mean

#27 mike83bratgl

mike83bratgl

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • salem oregon

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:59 PM

Made a temporary front bumper out of an old total gym type deal. Came out better than expected. Gotta dosome research on rear cvs and how I can get em to hold a little better atleast. Seems to blow the passenger side rear each time I get on it. Figure it should be better with air shocks to help align them. It squats in the rear because of the heavy bar and box as is any added angle blows em. Fun none the less.

Attached Files

#28 mike83bratgl

mike83bratgl

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • salem oregon

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:28 PM

Few more trail pics. Thought id share. Axle testing came out good didnt change one this trip :)

Attached Files

#29 belacane

belacane

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • New Orleans, LA

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

I love it! Bad rump roast little car :) nice work!

#30 Kevint143

Kevint143

USMB Regular

• Silver Subscribers
  • 346 posts
  • Bakersfield, CA

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:12 PM

So awesome!

#31 mike83bratgl

mike83bratgl

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • salem oregon

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:52 AM

Thanks for all the compliments! But credit has to go to this board and well jack Daniels. Rock n roll fellas!

#32 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,381 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:06 PM

have you sorted out your rear axle problems yet?

#33 mike83bratgl

mike83bratgl

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • salem oregon

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:43 PM

Mostly. Just put legacy cups on both ends of my rear cv axles. Haven't tried the welded rear diff yet that will be yes or no. Can say 600 miles without changing one. And I am kinda hard on them. Front came pretty easy. I made plates that sit on the lip of the engine carriage that hold the control arms inward just enough to keep from binding or over stretching. Although I do not want to get too cocky and any tips are surely welcome.

#34 mike83bratgl

mike83bratgl

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • salem oregon

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:16 PM

Stopped above Detroit lake for a few shots. I dont even know what to say about this thing but i sure do hope all these ol subies are this fun! If II had room id have another.

Attached Files

#35 mike83bratgl

mike83bratgl

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • salem oregon

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:14 PM

So yea defiantly figured out the CV's.... Just carry a spare simple as that. Atleast with my brat what always breaks is the easiest part to repair and maintain a spare. And i cant say or agree enough its all how u drive it. Knowing and understanding that. I just keep a back up.

Attached Files

#36 TomRhere

TomRhere

Certified BRAT nut!!!

• Members
  • 3,957 posts
  • Hillsdale, Mi. USA

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:34 AM

Been a few years ago, but a Member on here was having issues with blowing out the axle cups.

Sort of remember his fix was putting a sleeve over the cups, welding it together, having them re-heat treated.

#37 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,381 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:51 PM

Cut the lower edge of your front fenders OFF where its below the bumper.

#38 mike83bratgl

mike83bratgl

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • salem oregon

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:33 AM

Exactly what ive been thinkin on the fenders but a more permanent bumper/skid plate to protect my motor mounts and exhaust has kept me from hackin sofar. And to the heat treated cv cups i plan on a bolt on collar cuz its the end of the bell that fails due to overextended axles in my case. I can say they hold up better than the d/r 5s i keep tearing up. I want advice on how to keep my 5 speed from breaking. And its not the gear box its my front diffs im wearing out from spinning or just gettin it in the mud high and low range 2wd. And thank you for input and ideas. Any thing cheap is welcome work is no concern its a hobby.

#39 mike83bratgl

mike83bratgl

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • salem oregon

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:18 AM

Exactly what ive been thinkin on the fenders but a more permanent bumper/skid plate to protect my motor mounts and exhaust has kept me from hackin sofar. And to the heat treated cv cups i plan on a bolt on collar cuz its the end of the bell that fails due to overextended axles in my case. I can say they hold up better than the d/r 5s i keep tearing up. I want advice on how to keep my 5 speed from breaking. And its not the gear box its my front diffs im wearing out from spinning or just gettin it in the mud high and low range 2wd. And thank you for input and ideas. Any thing cheap is welcome work is no concern its a hobby.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users