Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1993 Subaru Loyale, Just bought it, have a lot of questions and need lots of answers.

I was referring to the front diff fluid.   It fills thru the dipstick tube.  Same as the transmission fluid fills thru the dipstick tube.

But true... when replacing the rear diff fluid... make sure to loosen the upper fill plug first to ensure that you can add new fluid once it has been drained.

As far as the plugs, cap, rotor and wires... good for a tune-up... but won't grenade your engine/transmission.

Congrats on your 'new' Subie.

Word to the wise (from the unwise...):  Make sure that you can remove the fill plug on the diff before you remove the drain plug.  Many years ago, I had a shop (Goodyear, I think) change my diff oil.  They pulled the drain plug first, then couldn't get the fill plug to break loose.  It took them 2 days to finally figure out how to get it to break free.  If you can't fill it, best not to drain it first.

Excellent lesson from the school of hard knocks. Thank you.

Now the truth comes out...Hence the cheap price-thats why they got rid of it! Good thing about SUPEROOs They might have a issue or 2 and they try to tell you about it WITHOUT Stranding You.....It"ll just get worse to the point you"ll want to fix it Lol Unlike new cars-they just QUIT nada no warning!!! GM Fuel pumps shut the TRK. Car off come out 10min. later no start Huh!!

Also, what was the mileage on that? Often times people will dump the car when the timing belt is due when the mechanic tells them it will be $1200. On your sedan it is every 60K miles. If your miles are 115K to 130K, there us a strong possibility it is due.

Ok guys, I dropped the tank and done a pretty decent clean up job on it, cleaned out my pump and replaced the fuel filter. Car runs 100% better now. No bucking and bogging, and no dying on me at random times. 

As for the timing belts, the car only has 70,000 miles, and the belts were replaced before I got the car, along with the master cylinder, water pump, valve cover gasket, and a couple other things. 

Also, I replaced the door speakers, as they were both shot to hell, and I found a Loyale just like mine, but the wagon model, in a local junkyard, I am considering just buying the whole thing for parts. Anyway, thanks for all the help on the Soob, If I have any more issues, you will see a thread about it!