Finally got the new one in. I have to say off any car work I've done, this is the one I thought would take the least amount of time but has ended up taking 10 times as long as I estimated. Wrangled the new ball joint into place by unhooking the sway bar link and those huge bolts on the a-arm to shove it down really far. I was trying to jack up the rotor, but once the ball joint is out, wow that thing just becomes a wobbling mess and wants to move out away from the vehicle.
Then I ended up getting in a hurry and frustrated at the same time and ended up with a nice gash on my head.
I have to finish fixing the threads in the pinch joint. I had it all tapped, but when I drilled it out, something got messed up, and the threads don't line up with the other side of the pinch bolt. I messed up the new bolt for the ball joint by sticking it in the hole and since it wouldn't start, I put the impact wrench on and spun it really fast. It rounded most of the threads over against that indent on the pinch bolt.
So I put a 3/8" drill bit into the hole and started drilling, and the bit caught in the hole and snapped it right off. Fortunately the bit came right out of the hole. So I put what was left of the drill bit back in the hole, it caught again, except this time my face was right next to the battery on the cordless drill. It hit me in the face and pushed my head into something sharp under the vehicle leaving a nice gash. So I quit the job for that day and just relaxed a bit. Being both frustrated and in a hurry is a bad combination on any job.