Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1979 Brat

stewartkb

Here's the thing when I got the truck back in 93 a bunch of parts were given to me, one of those is this:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151289039051536&set=a.10151287049076536.1073741825.633381535&type=1&theater

I believe it came with a plastic container or canister of some sort....I don't know if it's part of the evap system.

Bed area, passenger side, behind the panel.

• 1 year later...

It's been quite some time, but I'm back.

Subaru has been sitting for like a year, not what I planned. Had her towed to a friend's shop where I have access to air tools. Got the entire interior pulled out today, minus the dash. Also removed the sun roof. Still need to wheel out the floor.

Starting restoration at the interior so I don't get too overwhelmed. Have some floorboard sections to replace and going to be turning the interior completely black. I'll be doing the panels with black vinyl myself, and the seats I may have to get quoted at an upholstery shop, but we'll see.

Pictures to come.

Good fine on the Brat looks like a decently strait body to work with should turn out nice. I noticed your in Bend, same as me, thought you might like to know last time I was at Brads Upull it in Redmond I saw a 79 Brat out there still mostly complete this was a month or 2 ago so it may not be there anymore but I would take I look might some good parts, I think it even had the dealer installed A/C.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...