Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Drive by wire

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ivans imports

ivans imports

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 2,950 posts
  • lumby bc canada

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

having a problem figuring out how to rev up the drive by wire cars from under the hood when i do headgaskets i like to be able to control the throttle from under the hood. But drive by wire i canot is there any way to control the throttle remotly or a device that can do thiss. Anyone messed around with thiss at all ?

#2 CNY_Dave

CNY_Dave

03 LL Bean H6

• Members
  • 1,443 posts
  • Near Cortland NY

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

Well, you could put a potentiometer on a length of wire that connects to the gas pedal connector...

#3 1 Lucky Texan

1 Lucky Texan

I read a lot about Subarus

• Gold Subscribers
  • 4,939 posts
  • Texas

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

wonder how they would do this at the dealership - say - when they do the 'induction service'?

#4 88wacaroo

88wacaroo

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • Denver,Co.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

They use the super scanner/comp. at the dealer/shops....Real Scanners have a high idle built into them for testing purposes...BMW does drive by wire cars now-Has Been 2012-NO More steering column - I.E. Sector shaft...GM/Izuzu Trks have doing gas pedal drive by wire since 05-06 and I do believe our imfamous US Govt. is trying to make mandatory drive by wire-Steering-Brakes in 2014-16 for all US built cars-OH BOY!! Govt.can"t even take care of business now they"re Car Experts Too!! I"ll keep My Old School Cars Thank You!!!  Just Think JAMES DEAN Goin Over A Cliff if the Computer goes on Vacation {Fries-Freezes Up :eek: }!!!

#5 ivans imports

ivans imports

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 2,950 posts
  • lumby bc canada

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:57 AM

dont worry were protected in space by chinese curcit borads and lithium ion baterys made in china from are recycled garbage !

#6 ivans imports

ivans imports

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 2,950 posts
  • lumby bc canada

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

is there a subaru specific scan tool ?that can do thiss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users