Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my free 92 sedan.

zukiru

• 2 weeks later...

My EA82 oil pump rebuild included the mickey mouse, another o-ring and a brown seal.   Easy to reseal the oil pump completely once you have it removed. 

Nice find, for free?    And I thought I was 'stealing' them for $200.

ok... gotta go check craigslist for FREE stuff.

The o-ring i sourced for the pump. (not the Mickey but the regular one) was too fat. And i didn't make any oil pressure. So... I guess I'm gonna by an oil pump set. Sucks though cause i don't think any thing is wrong with the pump itself... Just all the rubber. This daily driver is working out to be a project all its own but its cool I'm learning a lot!

I got my oil pump gaskets/orings directly from the dealer.  They are in Portland, OR   about 80 miles away (the nearest dealer).   They mail me the parts I order via USPS.  Cost a buck to mail the Oil Pump parts.   I wish RockAuto would use USPS.  I'm tired of paying Fed-X $28 shipping for a few ball joints and tie rods.

I checked CL for free stuff... no Subarus.

well it seems that resealing the oil pump completely was not enough to stop the dreaded tick. I might have a bad oil pump.... my new daily driver that was supposed to give me time to work on the XT... is turning out to be a bit of a headache. But man she's pretty.

Eh, is the tick bad? Constant? I mean, you can put it off for a bit. I drove with TOD for about 5 months before finally putting a new pump on there and enjoying the peace and quiet again.

I mean if it's too much trouble though...I could take a drive out there and rid you of the pest. =P

(I'll stop bugging you like that now. I just wanted to throw one more in there lol)

the TOD I had was still there after I installed a new oil pump and put it all back together and took it out for a "spirited" 10 minute drive and when I returned it was gone.

It's almost strange the first time you hear it running with out all that noise. :mellow: