Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bought a new(er) one... Need direction on what forums to lurk

576151_10151305605156852_215596494_n.jpg

Got myself an 05 to commute in. 102k, about to do the 105k this weekend.

Things that are wonky with it:

Rear cupholder won't close apparently.

Passenger seat heater is non op

Windshield sprayers are weak and dribble instead of spray.

Not too much to complain about, but I wouldn't mind fixing everything. Other than those items, it's a solid car.

Your best friend will probably be Subaruoutback.org, though there is a fair amount of info on those floating around here as well.

Seat heaters as long as the heat pad isn't cracked should be a relatively easy fix. Heat pads take a lot of time, and a pair of hog-ring pliers.

I'm guessing it's the "trigger wire" and should be an easy fix after lurking on subaruoutback. The cupholder I'm not terribly concerned about. The sprayers probably need to be blown out.

I am glad I bought a base model with manual HVAC; means I can stick an aftermarket deck in with minimal hassle.

When I have trouble with the squirters dribbling out fluid, I use a pin, as in a pin from a new dress shirt. Poke the end of the pin into the squirter hole, and move it around a bit. Doing that loosens up, and gets rid of the crud that is causing the trouble. Hope this works for you.