Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What's the differences between these two trim levels?

I have the option to purchase a new 2.5TS or a not-so-lightly used (still '04) 2.5RS for the same price.

The only thing I know is that RS includes a spoiler and TS doesn't.

Please input.... thanks!

The RS has the WRX suspension, harder springs, struts, and larger sway bars. I Think the RS also gets rear disc brakes, and WRX seats. I am not positive on all on this tho.

Wow thats quite a difference! There's no mention of anything like this on Subaru Canada's website; but it would explain the $4000 difference in price (brand new).

Although, about the brakes - I'm pretty sure both RS and TS have discs all around.

The difference isn't really trim level, it's body style. The TS is the Wagon version of the RS which is the little brother with of the WRX

Effectively, they have the same suspension. The RS does not have WRX suspension though it may share some parts. Between the TS and RS, the parts might not be identical but the differences are made to accomidate the slight weight distribution difference. For example, the TS has and even smaller rear swaybar than the RS,(both are way too small). Bottom line is that they handle about the same. The 04s all have discs.

I have one and totally love it, It handles as well as an RS and I can put tons of crap in the back

IMHO, the 02-03 s (bug-eye) are so much more attractive than the 04 honda accord looking front end

garner

The difference isn't really trim level, it's body style. The TS is the Wagon version of the RS which is the little brother with of the WRX

Effectively, they have the same suspension. The RS does not have WRX suspension though it may share some parts. Between the TS and RS, the parts might not be identical but the differences are made to accomidate the slight weight distribution difference. For example, the TS has and even smaller rear swaybar than the RS,(both are way too small). Bottom line is that they handle about the same. The 04s all have discs.

I have one and totally love it, It handles as well as an RS and I can put tons of crap in the back

IMHO, the 02-03 s (bug-eye) are so much more attractive than the 04 honda accord looking front end

garner

Ah... I should've clarified when posting initially - I'm in Canada; and Subaru offers both sedan and wagon styles for TS (and RS).

I'm considering the TS sedan. Interior I dont really care too much about; and I figure the spoiler probably won't cost a whole lot (compared to the $4000 difference between RS and TS here).

I'm doing a comparative on the data sheet from Subaru Canada's website

TS Sedan has a chrome exhaust tip

RS has leather shifter and e-brake handle

TS has no rear spoiler

RS has fog lights as standard equipment

When I was doing the research before, the RS has different seats, and it has Impreza WRX suspension, without the limited slip rear axle.

What I found was that it was very hard to find an RS.

I really think you should visit the dealer and drive both cars.