Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi folks. I'm new here and I really got alot of info from these boards. I do have a major problem though. I drive a 90 Legacy wagon with a 2.2 mpfi on a paper route and I just put a new clutch set in new wires and plugs a coolant temp sensor and air filter. Now I find that I have no compression on my #3 cylinder. I've been driving the car on 3 cylinders for the last 3 nights and it runs but rough at idle and no power before about 2500rpms. Anyway I need to know if I can do anything to get this roo to run better for a few more days so I can make enough dough to buy a head. Any thoughts will help. Thanks for your help.

Well the wagon definitely has a burnt exhaust valve. I removed the valve cover and the rocker arm assembly.The valves all bounced when I tapped them so they weren't stuck.So I pulled the plug and put air to the cylinder and the air came out the exhaust pipe meaning exhaust valve.I pulled it all down and it needed a timing belt anyway and the intake looked to have been leaking some too so maybe it was all for the best.The exhaust valve was missing a chunk the size of a pea.I'm putting it back together tomorrow so I'll let ya'll know how it goes.